GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"San Andreas quick review"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/06/05 at 11:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Excellent.
Spent 4hrs yesterday just pedalling around being a "homie".
Ate lots of fried chicken, worked out and spent money on clothes. Robbed a house, kicked an old lady in the head and emptied a tin of spray paint into some gang members faces.

I feel influenced and corrupted already.
Sat 11/06/05 at 11:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Excellent.
Spent 4hrs yesterday just pedalling around being a "homie".
Ate lots of fried chicken, worked out and spent money on clothes. Robbed a house, kicked an old lady in the head and emptied a tin of spray paint into some gang members faces.

I feel influenced and corrupted already.
Sat 11/06/05 at 12:07
Regular
I was actually expecting you to say it was crap. Maybe you arn't as predictable as I onced imagined.

Does the game still have the random pop-up like it did on the PS2?

"Im flying, yay. Oh s**t where did that tree come from"
*Bang, Bang, Bang - WASTED*

You might want to break into the airport in Los Santos - park a car against the airport wall and jump onto the car and over the wall and you can get a jet, then try and fly through the gaps between skyscrapers sideways.
Sat 11/06/05 at 12:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've no idea about pop-up, haven't taken to the skies yet.
Did a handful of missions for Sweet, but spent the time just wandering about and seeing what I could see.

I'd forgotten how much fun the GTA games are, loved 3 and Vice City. The only *problem* as such is they still haven't done anything about the traffic AI.
It's plagued the game series from GTA3 - you'll be driving along quite happily when, from nowhere, BAM!, a car/van will slam you from a sidestreet or swerve across lanes so you hit it.
The number of times I fell off a motorbike because some random asshat decided to become Mad Max was infuriating.

Apart from suicidal drivers, a thorough recommendation if you enjoyed the other incarnations of the game.
The radio stations are excellent, for once I won't be using custom soundtracks and veh happy to hear that Lazlo & Fernando are back - along with extremely satirical radio ads.
Sat 11/06/05 at 12:28
Regular
I'm a tramp so I can't afford any games at the moment so this will be on my 'To buy when I get a job somethime maybe' list. I have it for PS2 but the frame rate drops severely which is gay.

I put about 50+ hours into this game so it was worth every penny that someone else spent to buy it for me. If there is one thing I recommend it is to watch all the cut scenes before and after missions as they add alot of humour to the game - especially later on in the game.

How long are the loading/saving games to and from the HDD?
Sat 11/06/05 at 12:28
Regular
I love it, definetly the best GTA so far. I spent hours last night trying to master that damn dancing contest in the club in Los Santos. I eventually gave up through knackerdness and wanting to go to bed...ness, so I pulled out a knife and stabbed the girl I was dancing with for heckling me with insults such as "Have you crapped yourself mate?" and "You look like my retarded cousin" when I fumbled the dance steps.

The soundtrack just like Vice City is absoloutly wonderful, even the music that I would never usually listen too in a million years is wonderful. Makes me laugh that the character creation system is tons more indepth than Fables and that's only a small fraction of the game. The attention to detail is quite simply astonishing, the first time I saw a car to crash into another, then watch as the owner got out and beat the other driver up with a golf club was quite simply brilliant. It's this kind of attention to detail and humour that sets Grand Theft Auto miles ahead of the pack.

There's just so much to do and explore, everywhere you go you find a new mini game or side mission. I can see this game lasting me for ever and then some, I've played for about 15 hours already and I've barely even touched the missions.
Sat 11/06/05 at 12:32
Regular
"Mozzy"
I sold it. The PS2 version was poor.
Sat 11/06/05 at 12:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Dance contest??
I played Basketball and worked out at the gym, but dancing sounds cool.
For comedy, in the gym I recommend setting the treadmill to maximum speed and then trying to keep up.
"Hit A&B as fast as you can" reads mate
"What? Track & Field style?" asks Goatboy
"Yep, go!!"
Frantic button mashing and my overweight "G" goes flying off the end.

Right, I'm going to look for the dance contest. I did find a car-bounce competition with the Latinos, but decided to shoot at them instead.
Sat 11/06/05 at 12:34
Regular
Mozzy wrote:
> I sold it. The PS2 version was poor.

The PS2 version wasn't poor. It was the PS2 which was poor.
Sat 11/06/05 at 14:18
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
OddToe wrote:
> Does the game still have the random pop-up like it did on the PS2?

There's still pop-up, but it's not as bad as the PS2 version.
Sat 11/06/05 at 14:22
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> There's just so much to do and explore, everywhere you go you find a
> new mini game or side mission. I can see this game lasting me for
> ever and then some, I've played for about 15 hours already and I've
> barely even touched the missions.

Yep, this is the ONLY game I have now, and I don't feel as though I need anything else either. By the time I finish this the 360 will be out anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.