GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lotr Battle for middle earth- beat that!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Lord Of The Rings: Battle For Middle Earth'.
Sun 31/10/04 at 10:44
Regular
"Bobnick"
Lotr Battle for middle earth is great, with its epic battles and control of as many units as you want!! It's a bit annoying cause it's only for PC. But the graphics are so realistic! It comes out (in the UK) on December 6th. Go to: www.eagames.com this is the where you can find the offical website for the game. Now BFME is the best game ever!
Sun 31/10/04 at 20:13
Regular
"Bobnick"
If playing with mordor all you have to get for resources is food, now that's simple!
Sun 31/10/04 at 20:14
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Chardieboy wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> Sounds like another "Tank Rush" game, and I loathe Tank
> Rush games.
>
> What's that??!!

Tank rush, build a huge army of very powerful units, send them out to the enemy, sit back an wait for victory. If victory does not present itself, build another big army of powerful units and repeat. Continue to do so until enemy is crushed.

It's a simple strategy, so simple that it negates the point of playing a strategy game in the first place. You should be able to beat an enemy army through your own strategic prowess, not on how many units you have.
Sun 31/10/04 at 20:18
Regular
"Bobnick"
I suppose that's true but I'm very good with strategy!
Sun 31/10/04 at 20:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Chardieboy wrote:
> I suppose that's true but I'm very good with strategy!

Ah, well in that case your excitement in BFME seems founded. Being more of a hardcore RTS player I proffer something with a little more bite, and that's something I don't see in Battle For Middle Earth.

I may give it a try though, see how it pans out, but for me I've already found my Strategy game of the year.
Sun 31/10/04 at 20:26
Regular
"Bobnick"
That's fair to say. I suppose I'm only saying good sfuff about BFME because I'm obcessed with it!
Sun 31/10/04 at 20:28
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Chardieboy wrote:
> That's fair to say. I suppose I'm only saying good sfuff about BFME
> because I'm obessed with it!

Same with me and Rome: Total War.
Sun 31/10/04 at 20:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
cipro wrote:
> Chardieboy wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> Sounds like another "Tank Rush" game, and I loathe Tank
> Rush games.
>
> What's that??!!
>
> Tank rush, build a huge army of very powerful units

Erm no, building a huge army negates the "Rush" part. Tank rush is about pumping out a small amount of units very quickly and overwhelming the enemy with speed rather than huge firepower.
Sun 31/10/04 at 20:31
Regular
"Bobnick"
Got 2 go !
Sun 31/10/04 at 20:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
cookie monster wrote:

> Erm no, building a huge army negates the "Rush" part. Tank
> rush is about pumping out a small amount of units very quickly and
> overwhelming the enemy with speed rather than huge firepower.

Erm oh. I must of got muddled that time on Red Alert when I sent out a force of up to 20 tanks to crush the enemy, then failed, then tried again to greater success.
Sun 31/10/04 at 20:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Thats not a tank rush, thats building an army to beat someone up.

The tank rush is when you get them selling their con yard to fund one last tank in a move which will either kill the enemy or put them out of the game. Typically this occurs within the first 3 mins of the game hence the "rush".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.