GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This forum is dead."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/06/05 at 15:45
Regular
What happened to everyone? The Sony's Cronies lol? This place used to be full of activity, now theres barely an actyive topic in sight?!
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:05
Regular
"8==="
Kawada wrote:
> As you know i'm not one for graphics. I'll wait until i actually play
> the thing before passing a judgement.

You may aswell grab a cheap cube and take advantage of the exclusive RPG's along with RE4 then.

You're coming across like a bit of a stubborn PS2 fanboy here.

Hell, at the risk of repeating myself, I would own all 3 consoles if it weren't for the fact that PS2's aren't very sturdy.
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I've got about 30 games on the PS2 i've yet to start (including Gladius :-D), the Cube and RE4 holds zero appeal to me
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:08
Regular
"8==="
Kawada wrote:
> I've got about 30 games on the PS2 i've yet to start (including
> Gladius :-D), the Cube and RE4 holds zero appeal to me

Heh.

I've got about that on Xbox and 4 on the cube. Do you think that would stop me getting a PS2 if I thought it wouldn't break? Not a chance.
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> You're coming across like a bit of a stubborn PS2 fanboy here.

ermmm how exactly? Because i've said i'll wait until i play the game before rating it? My god such fanboy behaviour. Exactly how is that more fanboy than saying GC RE4 is much better than the PS2 version which isn't even out yet?

Not saying it isn't, most probably will be. My point is i'll wait until it comes out and play it before passing judgement. If that makes me a PS2 fanboy than i better start putting up the playstation wallpaper
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:10
Regular
"Mozzy"
On Ebay you can get a Cube for around £40.

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20391&item=8195919474&rd=1[/URL]
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> I've got about that on Xbox and 4 on the cube. Do you think that
> would stop me getting a PS2 if I thought it wouldn't break? Not a
> chance.

Well my last PS2 lasted 4 odd years so i haven't had anywhere near as much trouble as others have had. Personally i don't see the point in buying a console and games i won't play for a good year or 2 considering i have a ton of games in my 'to play' list already. Most of which are RPG's which will take about 60 hours least each
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:12
Regular
"8==="
It's called commonsense.

If you'd rather play the inferior version rather than grab a cheap console that seems quite daft to me.
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:15
Regular
"8==="
Kawada wrote:
>
> Well my last PS2 lasted 4 odd years so i haven't had anywhere near as
> much trouble as others have had. Personally i don't see the point in
> buying a console and games i won't play for a good year or 2
> considering i have a ton of games in my 'to play' list already. Most
> of which are RPG's which will take about 60 hours least each

Well to turn your own advice back on you:

You won't know which ones you'll want to play unless you give them a go. You might have a quick go on the cube ones and decided to come back to some of the PS2 ones later because 1 or 2 of the cube ones seem to demand to be played 'right now'.

You won't know until you've played them a bit, however.
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> It's called commonsense.
>
> If you'd rather play the inferior version rather than grab a cheap
> console that seems quite daft to me.

Dear god, have i said i would RATHER play the PS2 version? No i haven't. I have said i will play that game before rating it, which i think is common sense. I don't have a cube, and i've never been in the habit of buying a console for one game, and if i was it damn sure wouldn't be for a Resident Evil game. A Nippon Ichi one yes :-D
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> Well to turn your own advice back on you:
>
> You won't know which ones you'll want to play

But i do know which ones i want to play. There's a good 10 RPG's alone i want to play on the PS2 first before thinking of anything else. Trouble is Warcraft is taking up all my spare time and whenever i do play my PS2 it's either to have a game of MVP Baseball or Disgaea

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.