GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beckham"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/06/05 at 22:13
Regular
"matt"
i have a feeling that beckham might resign for manu in the summer
Thu 02/06/05 at 18:13
Regular
"The Red Shift"
That list is a little eccentic, Lakers.

I mean, by my terms, we currently have 10-ish world class players:

Henry
Ronaldinho
Kaka
Ronaldo
Nedved
Zidane
Shearer
Beckham
Shevchenko/Gerrard/Lampard
Maldini
Cafu

All are, or were in their prime, world class players.
Thu 02/06/05 at 18:10
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> Yes that's one game Lipe, your point? Notice the word 'consistently'
> there? good good

And he was consistently good a few years back. I was giving you an example of how he dominated a game.

Clazon wrote:
> I'll tell you something.
>
> I'd have him in my team.

I wouldn't :P There are much better right wingers about.
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Agreed he's not as consitent as he used to be, but that's because he's lost his fitness. I think if he came back over here, we'd all love him within a month or 2.
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ok let's say he's World Class now let's put that into perspective

Pele
Maradona
Platini
Puskas
Cruyff
Maldini
Banks
Moore
Charlton
Zidane
Van Basten
and now Beckham

Beckham's name doesn't look odd there to anyone else?
Thu 02/06/05 at 18:08
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I'll tell you something.

I'd have him in my team.
Thu 02/06/05 at 18:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yes that's one game Lipe, your point? Notice the word 'consistently' there? good good
Thu 02/06/05 at 18:06
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> Now for me the term World Class should be reserved for those elite
> few who consistently produce the goods and can dominate games.

Clazon wrote:
> Flock wrote:
> anyone remember Greece where he effectively won the game on his own
>
> Not "effectively". He did.

:)

I don't think he is world class anymore. He was when he was at Man Utd and that was because he put in the practice. He was only the best crosser/free kick taker in the world because he practiced for hours and hours every week. He no longer does that and as lost his edge. Still a very good player but just not world class anymore.
Thu 02/06/05 at 17:49
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Flock wrote:
> anyone remember Greece where he effectively won the game on his own

Not "effectively". He did.
Thu 02/06/05 at 17:44
Regular
"Monochromatic"
He's an international therefore he is world class, the question over whether he should be is interesting, his form isn't great but you know full well looking back that he was a great player once, anyone remember Greece where he effectively won the game on his own and i'm not just on about the free-kick, i've no doubt he was one of the best players of his generation.
Thu 02/06/05 at 17:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Jerzy Duck wrote:
> Van Nistelrooy dropped about 10 goals a season when he couldn't feed
> off Beckham's crosses, and some of those free kicks were huge.
> Remember Greece?

Yes i also remember he had about 4 or 5 opportunities before that, strange how they seem to be forgotten. And i've said he's a good crosser of the ball already

> How do you want to define world class could be the question.
> If captaining one of the top countries in the world doesn't cut it,
> I'd nudge you in the direction of a dictionary.

Ooooh look at you :-D And as i've already said he's not even the best player in the team.

Now for me the term World Class should be reserved for those elite few who consistently produce the goods and can dominate games. Now i guess i must just have a different take on what it takes to be world class, but then i also want to slap everyone who has ever called a footballer a 'genius'. Personally i feel the term is thrown around far too much nowadays.

Plus i'm also looking at it at how he compares to all the others who can be called World Class. Does he compare to the likes of Maradona and Zidane? I don't think he does. That's MY opinion, others may disagree, fair play to them

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.