GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beckham"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/06/05 at 22:13
Regular
"matt"
i have a feeling that beckham might resign for manu in the summer
Thu 02/06/05 at 17:26
Regular
Van Nistelrooy dropped about 10 goals a season when he couldn't feed off Beckham's crosses, and some of those free kicks were huge. Remember Greece?

Sure, he still has holes in his game (nobody's perfect and very few offer a world-class package in all attributes), but I think you grossly exaggerate them.

How do you want to define world class could be the question.
If captaining one of the top countries in the world doesn't cut it, I'd nudge you in the direction of a dictionary.
Thu 02/06/05 at 16:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
He is he just seems unable to grasp that fact.

*But Keano i can play central midfield, honest i can come on let me stay here for the game*
Get your f*****g ar$e back over to that wing you little eejit
Thu 02/06/05 at 16:44
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Kawada wrote:

>
> He's very limited, he doesn't have the ability to dribble and take it
> past a player which is quite an important skill for a winger

He is not a winger though
Thu 02/06/05 at 14:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Did you even read my post or just stop at the word Pele and make up your own point to argue? I also put in 5 other players along with Pele as examples of the sort of players Beckham would be grouped with. Is he even near their quality? Not in my opinion. Wasn't saying he had to be the best of his generation, just up at the top of it, which he isn't considering he isn't even the best player in his squad for either club or country

He's very limited, he doesn't have the ability to dribble and take it past a player which is quite an important skill for a winger. Yes he puts in a good cross and has one good free kick in about 10. Is that suddenly the criteria for a world class player? If so then by all means put him in the same category as those players i've listed but if not stick him in the good category. To me he is certainly not 'World Class'
Thu 02/06/05 at 14:32
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Clearly Beckham is no Pele...however neither are Scholes, Ferdinand, Vieira, Pires etc..Who are World class...just because someone isnt the best player of their generation..doesn't mean the are not world class!
Thu 02/06/05 at 14:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It's all comparable, for me Beckham is nowhere near world class when you take into account the players you would be putting him in amongst. Can you honestly tell me Beckham is as good as the likes of Pele, Maradona, Puskas and current players like Zidane, Ronaldinho and Maldini?

For me he's an average player who can put in a good cross when he's got enough time to do so and doesn't even deserve to be thought of with those players i've mentioned.
Thu 02/06/05 at 14:01
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> because he is wold class
>
> hahaha.......no

Er, what?

Fair enough, he doesn't have the pace or dribbling skill that you'd want from a winger but in terms of long balls, set pieces and crossing he's second to none. He also captains his country.

That sounds pretty world class to me.
Thu 02/06/05 at 13:59
Regular
"~DPG~"
JFH wrote:
> I'd actually like to see Beckham back in the Premiership but I can't
> see it happening. Not just yet anyway.

I'd like to see Micheal Owen back in the Premiership...Not many English players are even in it!!!
Thu 02/06/05 at 13:41
Regular
"Shoot-em-up freak"
I am an ANTI-man u fan anyway, so it doesn't make much of a difference to me if he does return, and he probably won't even play as well as everyone expects him to(thats if anyone actually expects anything out of him in the first place)
Thu 02/06/05 at 13:20
Regular
"tokyo police club"
But the fact is that he WOUL walk into the team if Fergie didn't hate him. Hes being theoretical.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.