GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lying f***** basta*ds"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Mon 01/11/04 at 09:12
Regular
Resident Evil 4 is no longer exclusive to the Nintendo Gamecube and the game is now due for release on the Playstation 2.
Sat 18/12/04 at 23:14
Regular
Macintosh wrote:

>
> I rest my case......There are 4 Mario games in your list!
>
> If Nintendo want to shift more GameCubes, they need more games like
> the ones on PS2, and much less Mario, and other kiddy games from 15
> years ago.

Nintendo have tonnes of exclusive games, don't talk daft. And the fair share of adult stuff too, the Resident Evil franchise, PRoduct Number 03, Eternal Darkness, the upcoming Geist, Advance Wars, Zelda etc... etc...

Gamecube is selling awful Macintosh, but Nintendo can afford to asses that and deal with it.

Look at the hardware sales, if you could see the overall hardware sales worldwide you'd get a clearer picture. Add all consoles, so the DS, the GBA SP and the Gamecube together and you are looking at a much larger amount as Sony. In Japan over the last year Nintendo have sold 3.6 million in systems whilst Sony have sold 2.6 million.

Overall Nintendo actually sell more systems. Nintendo also publish more games so make more money than Sony through Software as well!!!!!

Nintendo always make a massive net profit!

So although the Gamecube is doing badly it'll still be around for the next 2 years and have its ups and downs. And the Revolution will still appear. Nintendo fans need not worry, Nintendo are selling a lot more consoles than their rivals. Gamecube is losing to the PS2, but the overall picture, Nintendo are kicking Microsoft and Sony into submission.
Sat 18/12/04 at 17:26
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Of course, but the GC Exclusive scene isn't lacking!

And there is 6 on my list, which isn't including Mario Sunshine.

It's the mario games that sell which is a reason why different genre's featuring the popular character are very popular worldwide.
Put it this way, if Sony could have Mario to their advantage, do you think they would ignore releasing these very same titles? I think not, they sell millions on GC as they would do on any system including the PS2-due to that character's popularity.
Sat 18/12/04 at 17:20
Regular
"and PC user"
Gollum wrote:
> Killzone, the (Main) FF Series, Ratchet and Clank, Jak, Gran Turismo,
> GTA:SA(Till the X-Box release) are but a few as there are im sure
> quite a few others.
>
> On Nintendo we have Mario Party 4-5-6, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario
> Tennis, Animal Crossing, F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime 1+2, RE:4 (Till the
> PS2 Release next Christmas)and Final Fantasy:CC are a few and again
> quite a few others.
>
> There are a good bunch of exclusives on GC.

I rest my case......There are 4 Mario games in your list!

If Nintendo want to shift more GameCubes, they need more games like the ones on PS2, and much less Mario, and other kiddy games from 15 years ago.
Sat 18/12/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Killzone, the (Main) FF Series, Ratchet and Clank, Jak, Gran Turismo, GTA:SA(Till the X-Box release) are but a few as there are im sure quite a few others.

On Nintendo we have Mario Party 4-5-6, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Animal Crossing, F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime 1+2, RE:4 (Till the PS2 Release next Christmas)and Final Fantasy:CC are a few and again quite a few others.

There are a good bunch of exclusives on GC.
Sat 18/12/04 at 16:49
Regular
"and PC user"
Dringo wrote:
> Nintendo's userbase is still rather large, the game being exclusive
> had a lot of hype, people would buy the Gamecube FOR the game and
> Gamecube fans saw it as there own title. Remember Smash Brothers sold
> 2.5 million, Mario Kart sold nearer 3 million. Not Halo or GTA sales
> but damn good sales all the same.
>
> Exclusive software sells on the Gamecube and Capcom shot themselves
> in the foot declaring the lack of exclusivity before the Gamecube
> edition is released.

Trouble is that GameCube doesnt have enoough exclusive games that people want. If it did, then more people would buy the console.
Sat 18/12/04 at 15:36
Regular
"-_-"
surely they shud you know sign an agreement to an exclusive game?
meh ah well ps2 grafix will look crap.
Sat 18/12/04 at 13:03
Regular
Nintendo's userbase is still rather large, the game being exclusive had a lot of hype, people would buy the Gamecube FOR the game and Gamecube fans saw it as there own title. Remember Smash Brothers sold 2.5 million, Mario Kart sold nearer 3 million. Not Halo or GTA sales but damn good sales all the same.

Exclusive software sells on the Gamecube and Capcom shot themselves in the foot declaring the lack of exclusivity before the Gamecube edition is released.
Sat 18/12/04 at 12:25
Regular
"and PC user"
This is no suprise to me. Like or not, GameCube just doesnt have the user base. To make more money, games need to be on PS2 - more users, so more people likely to buy the game.

Putting RE, which is such a big title, only on the console with the smallest user base was always going to be a mistake.
Fri 17/12/04 at 14:40
Regular
"8==="
if you say so. :P

I don't think me and Capcom see eye to eye.

or Sega for that matter.
Fri 17/12/04 at 14:38
MegaMan!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.