GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lying f***** basta*ds"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Mon 01/11/04 at 09:12
Regular
Resident Evil 4 is no longer exclusive to the Nintendo Gamecube and the game is now due for release on the Playstation 2.
Tue 21/12/04 at 11:36
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
Cycloon wrote:
> I saw a PS2 mag the otherday, with Resi 4 on the front.
>
> 'TRY TO BELIEVE YOUR EYES!'
>
> I just laughed my head off.

We all know why resi 4 is coming to PS2 because capcom want to actually make some money on the game.

Nintendo exclusive pay-off was obviously not enough.
Tue 21/12/04 at 11:30
Regular
"0228"
DiscoDexy wrote:

> Its nice to see N64 ports, because not many of us are going to dust
> off our N64s to play the old classics

My N64 is permanently plugged in underneath my Gamecube (When I say underneath I mean that it is on the shelf below).
Tue 21/12/04 at 11:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I saw a PS2 mag the otherday, with Resi 4 on the front.

'TRY TO BELIEVE YOUR EYES!'

I just laughed my head off.
Tue 21/12/04 at 11:05
"Majestic"
T score 04 wrote:
> Your a funny guy, if the DS is such a revolution why are most of it's
> games ports

Its nice to see N64 ports, because not many of us are going to dust off our N64s to play the old classics - a handheld gives us the excuse to re-live those happy memories. PS2 ports are different. Why would i want to play a PS2 port that came out last year on the PS2 and is now being re-released on the PSP with 90 minutes play time? THAT makes no sense whatsoever.

T score 04 wrote:
> the DS is such a revolution

Now you're talking sense.
Tue 21/12/04 at 10:26
Regular
"and PC user"
I wonder what the quality of that will be like, remembering the limited capacity of the DS media?
Tue 21/12/04 at 10:10
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
gerrid wrote:
> Macintosh wrote:
> I wonder how many people out there dont have
> a handheld for the same reason - in other words, they are waiting
> for
> something different.
>
> Yes, 'something different' being inferior ports of old PS2 games. or
> 'something different' being a low-capacity, very expensive MP3
> player? or 'something different' being a portable UMD movie player
> with enough battery life for only a sub-120 minute film?
>
> I can certainly see the 'Playstation Difference' alive and well in
> the PSP.

Your a funny guy, if the DS is such a revolution why are most of it's games ports example Meteroid Prime sure I have heard of that before, was that not Nintendo's pathetic attempt at beating halo (original).

Then there is the issue of playing movies and mp3, if the DS is a pure games machine why has panasonic developed a cartridge that will work with the DS so it can play movies and mp3 Nintendo are just a bunch of hypocrites alway have been always will be.
Mon 20/12/04 at 23:46
"I love yo... lamp."
Domaye wrote:
> oi hey! Which GBA is your number for.
> It shud count GBA and SP.....and also gameboy colour and the
> others....cuz i say so ;)

That was GBA and GBA SP.

Gameboy and Gameboy Colour are counted seperately as they are from another generation, are no longer in production and are just a tad on the old side. It'd be like counting SNES sales in with Gamecube sales.
Mon 20/12/04 at 23:39
"period drama"
T score 04 wrote:
in the end the cube is a minority
> console and resi game sales have suffered for it.

Well, I must admit, I haven't bought it yet.
Nor have a lot of people I know - so yeah, I suppose sales have suffered quite a lot so far.

You've got a point there. Sales on Resi 4 are terrible.
Mon 20/12/04 at 23:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Macintosh wrote:
> I wonder how many people out there dont have
> a handheld for the same reason - in other words, they are waiting for
> something different.

Yes, 'something different' being inferior ports of old PS2 games. or 'something different' being a low-capacity, very expensive MP3 player? or 'something different' being a portable UMD movie player with enough battery life for only a sub-120 minute film?

I can certainly see the 'Playstation Difference' alive and well in the PSP.
Mon 20/12/04 at 20:08
Regular
"-_-"
oi hey! Which GBA is your number for.
It shud count GBA and SP.....and also gameboy colour and the others....cuz i say so ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.