GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lying f***** basta*ds"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Mon 01/11/04 at 09:12
Regular
Resident Evil 4 is no longer exclusive to the Nintendo Gamecube and the game is now due for release on the Playstation 2.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:14
Regular
Resident Evil 4 would have been a monster seller for 'Cube and a good reason for many people to own a 'Cube.

If VJ2 goes PS2, I'll go f**king skitzo. VJ didn't sell that well on PS2, so Capcom, don't even bother.

Jesus, Ninty must be pretty p**sed off with them.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:12
Regular
They are a bunch of lying sods, how many times did they insist it was exclusive? 5 times?

Anyway I can't have a real big go at them for the same reason as Namco. We never cared if they were exclusive we just wanted some serious support from some third parties and both Namco and Capcom (Although releasing PS2 versions of their games) have given Nintendo a lot of support.

It just annoys me that Capcom confirmed so many exclusive games and in the end all we got is Resident Evil 0, Product Number 03 and Mickey Mouse.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:11
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Dringo wrote:
> It is only bad because I saw this as the single game that could rescue
> the Gamecube's falling sales.

Agreed, it was Nintendo's biggest third party exclusive title.

> Resident Evil will forever be on a Nintendo system as it has a
> fanbase on Nintendo systems now.

Hopefully, I didn't take into account that Resident Evil 2 on the old N64 did very well and along with Resident Evil V2 and Resident Evil Zero so I guess Capcom would still use Nintendo

> It is now up to Zelda to rescue Nintendo and although it is a game
> that can certainly manage it and it will probably bring a load of
> Nintendo defectors back to the Gamecube it won't have the massive
> appeal RE4 would have.
>
> RE4 will still sell the Gamecube... just not as much as it once
> would.

Zelda will definately be a number one hit, but Resident Evil 4 would appeal to the blood thursty gamer (E.G. those who bought GTA:SA over the weekend simply because of the violence in the game). But now the PS2 has a version, the need to buy a cube for the game is pointless.

It's gonna come down to the quality of the game. The Cube pretty much has graphics (and hopefully gameplay) in the bag, and as long as the PS2 version doesn't get any special features which are worth waiting a year for, the cube version will sell better.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:11
Regular
DeadMetal wrote:
> This is very bad news. Capcom promised six exclusive titles (well,
> five now) and all but one has stayed exclusive.

Sure about that?
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:10
Regular
*Reads the topic*

Oh no, you can't be f**king serious.

Right, that's it Capcom, get stuffed you clan of lowlifes.
Mon 01/11/04 at 21:45
Regular
It is only bad because I saw this as the single game that could rescue the Gamecube's falling sales.

Resident Evil will forever be on a Nintendo system as it has a fanbase on Nintendo systems now.

It is now up to Zelda to rescue Nintendo and although it is a game that can certainly manage it and it will probably bring a load of Nintendo defectors back to the Gamecube it won't have the massive appeal RE4 would have.

RE4 will still sell the Gamecube... just not as much as it once would.
Mon 01/11/04 at 18:01
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
This is very bad news. Capcom promised six exclusive titles (well, five now) and all but one has stayed exclusive.

What worries me is that if Resident Evil 4 sells better on the PS2, will this cause Capcom to think of making the sequel of the Resident Evil 4 exclusively for Sony or make Nintendo wait a whole year for the game.
Mon 01/11/04 at 17:52
Regular
"Bow to me!"
but if theres a good offer on GC when resi is released, like GC and resi for £80 (unlikely) then its bound to get a whole new audience. if theres no good offer on then to be honest i dont see people buying a console they dont really like just for one good game
Mon 01/11/04 at 17:50
Regular
"Bow to me!"
hardy res evil fans are likely to get resi on GC when it comes out. but people who hate GC even if they like resi are likely to wait. its a shame they didnt release it on cube then announce the PS2 date so noone would have known until they had bought it for gamecube already. and as for the DS i think thats gonna be the biggest waste of money imaginable (like most other portable game devices as after about 6 months there will probably be a 'nintendo DS SP advance 2' out)
Mon 01/11/04 at 17:21
Regular
I thought this game would boost sales enough to save the Cube.

A year advance does mean it'll shift Gamecubes... but not as many as it would have done.

I can't blame Capcom, they do support the Cube alot.

It just reminds me that unless a Nintendo character is involved, any third party exclusive could shift to any system at any time.

Therefore I'll stick with the exclusiveness of Nintendo games to keep me happy.

Geist next.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.