GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lying f***** basta*ds"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Mon 01/11/04 at 09:12
Regular
Resident Evil 4 is no longer exclusive to the Nintendo Gamecube and the game is now due for release on the Playstation 2.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:28
Regular
Who cares about it being released on more than one console?
Regular
DeadMetal wrote:
> i'munn wrote:
> DeadMetal wrote:
> This is very bad news. Capcom promised six exclusive titles (well,
> five now) and all but one has stayed exclusive.
>
> Sure about that?
>
> Heh, your right, it was five, but then Dead Phoenix got cancelled so
> it's four. My mistake.
>
> : D

That's not what I was referring to.
Maybe if it's bold you'll see.
You meant "Only one has stayed exclusive
I think.
Dunno.
It was always 5 games, that's for sure.

Resi 4, VJ, Dead Phoenix, Killer 7 and PN03

I didn't know DP was still exclusive, but I thought you were referring to PN03 being the only one still exclusive.
Regular
Apple Crumble wrote:

>
> Another game that could save the 'Cube in Sony's evil grasp.
>
> Why can't Sony just p**s off and make TVs?

He he.

Well you can't blame Capcom that their game was the only thing that could save Nintendo. Nintendo are normally so good at saving themselves and not needing third parties like Sony. The sad thing is Nintendo haven't really invented a new franchise bar Pikmin. It is time Nintendo got creative and invented a new system smashing franchise in the vain of Pokemon, Zelda or Mario.

The DS would be the perfect way for Nintendo to showcase their new franchise but so far all we are getting are sequels and new versions of similar franchises.

Maybe it is about time Nintendo went online. If Nintendo are there in time for online big take off (which will surly be the next generation) then Nintendo can do it. They may not have the same comprehensive package as Microsoft but Nintendo games like MArio Kart, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Smash Brothers and their multiplayer games are ideal for online play.

It would cause a brief ressurection for Nintendo.

Microsoft barely have any big releases either but the reason the X-box fans are satisfied is that they can go online and X-box games last for months and months that way.

If Nintendo would go online I'd still be playing Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, Pacman Vs, Crystal Chronicles etc... now.

Maybe it is about time Nintendo took that step.

Go on Ninty. Just do it.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:24
Regular
Oh right. Dead Phenoix features Kid Icarus.

How very brilliant :)

I've heard about the game, but then it suddenly died after the likes of PN03 and VJ were released.

Cheers for that info Dringo :D
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:23
Regular
DeadMetal wrote:

>
> Heh, your right, it was five, but then Dead Phoenix got cancelled so
> it's four. My mistake.
>
> : D

Now you see I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Dead Phoenix is an exclusive Nintendo game and will feature Kid Icarus for the next Nintendo console.

Which ties in with my post, Something old, Something new. It should remain Dead Phoenix!
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:23
Regular
Ye, suppose so Dringo.

But doesn't it make you fume when Capcom announce that great games like VJ and Resi will be 'Cube only'.

And then, a few months later...

BAM!!!!!!

Another game that could save the 'Cube in Sony's evil grasp.

Why can't Sony just p**s off and make TVs?
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:20
Regular
Apple Crumble wrote:
> *goes f**king skitzo*
>
> Dringo, you can't be serious!?!?!?!
>
> I'm dreaming this. It must be a bad nightmare and I'll wake up
> pretty soon and everything will be okay.

Viewtiful Joe was confirmed for the PS2 and Viewtiful Joe 2 was confirmed for both consoles.

It's okay, it isn't as if we're not getting the game. Viewtiful Joe hardly shifts consoles like Resident Evil 4 does.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:18
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
i'munn wrote:
> DeadMetal wrote:
> This is very bad news. Capcom promised six exclusive titles (well,
> five now) and all but one has stayed exclusive.
>
> Sure about that?

Heh, your right, it was five, but then Dead Phoenix got cancelled so it's four. My mistake.

: D
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:18
Regular
*goes f**king skitzo*

Dringo, you can't be serious!?!?!?!

I'm dreaming this. It must be a bad nightmare and I'll wake up pretty soon and everything will be okay.
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:16
Regular
Erm Viewtiful Joe 2 is coming to the PS2, it has been since it was announced.

Resident Evil 4 is still being released a year before the PS2 version on the Gamecube though.

At least there is that. A year exclusivity is pretty good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.