GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buying my first home - well, trying to!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/06/05 at 09:35
Regular
"The way it is"
i am 26yrs old and i am trying to become a first time buyer. i plan to buy with my partner but on my income only lets us get someowhere for about £120,000 so i am struggling to get a mortgage that will let me buy anything other than a run down wreck of a place!!

what can i do and are there any others out there who are having these problems??

i saw all that coverage in the papers at the weekend about shared ownership. has anyone got any experience with this?

any good first time buyer websites out there?
Wed 01/06/05 at 10:10
Regular
Cong_Man wrote:
> Wow! What an inventive way to spam the board! One JAT asks an innocent
> looking question, then another pops up with just the site that they
> need!!! What a coincidence?!?
>
> Am I cynical?

Not at all - incredibly 'coincidental'.

A bit sad to 'double-team-spam' a property advice website though.
Wed 01/06/05 at 10:12
Regular
sorry to butt in - thought i was helping

most of your messages seemed to be about first time buyers - I a was one myself and used that site (as well as ukfirsttimebuyer.com) if you find it useful as well thats great.....if you don't well I spose the world won't end
Wed 01/06/05 at 10:13
Regular
"The way it is"
believe what you want, i am looking into shared ownership for a reason. you guys havent come up with anything but ferguson did, whats wrong with that!?!? are all the people on this chatroom like you two??
Wed 01/06/05 at 10:35
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
My brother just bought a 3 bedroom place in Kent for 130k

I'm sure there are loads of 2 bedroom places in kent for 120k
Wed 01/06/05 at 10:36
Regular
"The way it is"
where about in Kent? we need to get to Cannon St and Charing Cross so it would have to be either Sevenoaks or Tunbridge. 3 bed for 130k!! that is very cheap!! i keep thinking about buying a run down place but that will obviously cost me to do it up. thoughts?
Wed 01/06/05 at 10:39
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
In the Bexley area..it needed a little work done to it but when they sell it I'll be worth more. Its so easy to get to London from there, the trains go to Charring Cross and Victoria. Not sure about Cannon street, might be a change, but my mum goes to Cannon Street every morning and it's not a problem.
Wed 01/06/05 at 10:46
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Willowjoe wrote:
> JAT??? what are you on about?

Jat= Just arrived.

Good luck with the morgage. Thankfully we got our house when the prices were reasonable :)
Wed 01/06/05 at 11:24
Regular
"The way it is"
mortgages seem to be going down at the moment now that they think that the interest rate will go down or stay the same. nationwide have a fixed for 2 years at 4.69%. sounds good to me, have you had experience with nationwide or are you with someone else?
Wed 01/06/05 at 11:32
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Well, at least you aren't trying to push spam website onto us.

I'm not an expert on mortgages and houses, so I'll just sit here. Welcome to the site.

And yeah, there are loads like 'those two'

*Points evil finger*
Wed 01/06/05 at 11:35
Regular
"The way it is"
cheers Rai, are you renting or have you bought a house? do you know any good plumbers?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.