GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buying my first home - well, trying to!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/06/05 at 09:35
Regular
"The way it is"
i am 26yrs old and i am trying to become a first time buyer. i plan to buy with my partner but on my income only lets us get someowhere for about £120,000 so i am struggling to get a mortgage that will let me buy anything other than a run down wreck of a place!!

what can i do and are there any others out there who are having these problems??

i saw all that coverage in the papers at the weekend about shared ownership. has anyone got any experience with this?

any good first time buyer websites out there?
Wed 01/06/05 at 09:35
Regular
"The way it is"
i am 26yrs old and i am trying to become a first time buyer. i plan to buy with my partner but on my income only lets us get someowhere for about £120,000 so i am struggling to get a mortgage that will let me buy anything other than a run down wreck of a place!!

what can i do and are there any others out there who are having these problems??

i saw all that coverage in the papers at the weekend about shared ownership. has anyone got any experience with this?

any good first time buyer websites out there?
Wed 01/06/05 at 09:38
Regular
"..."
Whereabouts in the country do you live?
Wed 01/06/05 at 09:41
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
That's a good question. Up here £120K will get you some nice little terraces.
Wed 01/06/05 at 09:42
Regular
"The way it is"
origionally from Liverpool but i live in Kent and work in London. we are looking to buy in our town but the prices are well above 130k we have been offered. do you know much about shared ownership and the governments plans??
Wed 01/06/05 at 09:47
Regular
"..."
Ah, that explains it, thought it would be London way. Have you thought about commuting? We got a very nice modern end of terrace in Peterborough for £85k, plus about 70% of people who live here commute to London for work.

Don't know about shared ownership though, as it wasn't something I had to look into.
Wed 01/06/05 at 09:53
Regular
"The way it is"
we do communte from sevenoaks. only takes 25mins into Canon Street. we moved out last year and the place is lovely!! to be honest, we are a bit spoilt by the town but we still want to live there and want to buy there as prices will be sustained in such a nice afluent place.

i have only just started looking into shared ownership after all the coverage in the weekend press looking at the governments plans. any help/advice would be grateful!
Wed 01/06/05 at 10:01
Regular
I know a GREAT site for first time buyers www.firstrungnow.com

Advice on buying with a friend, shared ownership, key worker schemes, legal queries

Let me know what you think
Wed 01/06/05 at 10:04
Regular
"..."
Wow! What an inventive way to spam the board! One JAT asks an innocent looking question, then another pops up with just the site that they need!!! What a coincidence?!?

Am I cynical?
Wed 01/06/05 at 10:07
Regular
"The way it is"
these were the guys in the paper at the weekend (i think!?), just had a quick look, it looks v useful! it lists all the housing associations so i will get in touch with them.

have you used this for yourself? is the joint ownership guide worth getting as an alternative?
Wed 01/06/05 at 10:09
Regular
"The way it is"
JAT??? what are you on about?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.