GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buying my first home - well, trying to!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/06/05 at 09:35
Regular
"The way it is"
i am 26yrs old and i am trying to become a first time buyer. i plan to buy with my partner but on my income only lets us get someowhere for about £120,000 so i am struggling to get a mortgage that will let me buy anything other than a run down wreck of a place!!

what can i do and are there any others out there who are having these problems??

i saw all that coverage in the papers at the weekend about shared ownership. has anyone got any experience with this?

any good first time buyer websites out there?
Mon 06/06/05 at 15:56
Regular
"The way it is"
did anyone see the story i was talking about on Friday? you can read it on the guardian website: www.money.guardian.co.uk/news_/story/0,1456,1498871,00.html

highlights the gap between a proper house and the 120k threshold. basically, 120k threshold is useless!! just one of the many things that stops us first time buyers getting on the property ladder!!

for those thirteen yearolds out there... win a mobile phone at www.onecompare.com i want an iPod for my bday (10th June)
Sun 05/06/05 at 00:53
Regular
"Colourless"
Bring back Thatcher.

^o)
Sat 04/06/05 at 23:13
Regular
"Mozzy"
Check this website: [URL]www.rightmove.co.uk[/URL]

(If the link doesn't work just go to RightMove.co.uk).
Sat 04/06/05 at 22:53
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
heh
Sat 04/06/05 at 18:05
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Oh
Sat 04/06/05 at 17:56
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hehe
*goes to buy a lorry*
Sat 04/06/05 at 16:04
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Each other, probably.
Sat 04/06/05 at 12:52
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i'm not a very nice person.

there's no guarantee you'll outlive us though, you could disappear under a lorry this afternoon on your way to... well, whatever 13 year olds do in your town.
Sat 04/06/05 at 12:14
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Very_Metal wrote:
> MrGlitch wrote:
> Gawd, everyone here is so old!
> Im thirteen and im just about to get my first girlfriend.
>
> first and last.
>
> So ha! I'll out live you all!
>
> don't count on it.

Now thats not very nice
Sat 04/06/05 at 12:12
Regular
"you've got a beard"
it blows my mind that £120,000 will only get you a run down wreck as well.

if you like there's a 2-bedroom flat for sale near me that's £13,000.
it's in the crappest part of gosport though so you'll have to buy new windows every fortnight.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.