GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It pains me to say..."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/05/05 at 01:18
Regular
"The Red Shift"
...what with everyone constantly talking about it, but:

What is WoW?

*gulps*
Tue 31/05/05 at 01:18
Regular
"The Red Shift"
...what with everyone constantly talking about it, but:

What is WoW?

*gulps*
Tue 31/05/05 at 01:33
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I didnt know either, but i just went about five pages back in this forum and found a thread saying 'why WoW has ruined online gaming for me' and that was the first thread i could find that actually said what it stood for. What it stands for is 'World of Warcraft'

I doubt anyone who hasnt played Warcraft would know anyway.
Tue 31/05/05 at 01:34
Regular
"Captain to you."
Lock your windows and doors, turn off your computer and make sure that you have direct sunlight in your room.

(These thing might help you stop the hordes of geeks that are going to attack your house in the morning.)

WoW = World of Warcraft/Elf game

This is a massive multiplayer online role playing game which seems to steal the souls of all that play for more than 3 hours. You build up your character playing Quests and killing creatures running around in grouops or on your own.

I am sure one of these lot will explain in more detail.

They fear the light, always the light.
Tue 31/05/05 at 01:38
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Chippxero wrote:
> Lock your windows and doors, turn off your computer and make sure that
> you have direct sunlight in your room.
>
> (These thing might help you stop the hordes of geeks that are going
> to attack your house in the morning.)

I was well prepared to be berated.
:|

> WoW = World of Warcraft/Elf game

That's what I thought. But the first Warcraft I played was RTS. Like an oversized AoE.

How has it turned into this?

What's the point in playing it?

> They fear the light, always the light.

This made me laugh so hard, you cannot know.

:D
Tue 31/05/05 at 01:39
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
[URL]http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/[/URL]
Tue 31/05/05 at 01:44
Regular
"Captain to you."
Clazon wrote:
> That's what I thought. But the first Warcraft I played was RTS. Like
> an oversized AoE.

Basically WoW is set after warcraft 3 when loarderon(sp?) falls to the undead, you play as a regular hero trying to do good from your races perspective.

The point is like most MMORPG is to live a life in a game with WoW you get hundreds of hours of game play and the game is pretty different for how you have to play for each race and class.

I have only played private servers and have got many many hours out of it and the offical ones have 10x more stuff and people so many many more hours.

WoW may lose you all your friends if purchased, Blizzard will supply you with new friends with pointy ears for no extra cost

Oh i know you meant Age of empires but if you start WoW that means Area Of Effect as in a spell that damages over a area.
Tue 31/05/05 at 01:56
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Chippxero wrote:
> Oh i know you meant Age of empires but if you start WoW that means
> Area Of Effect as in a spell that damages over a area.

Jebus.
:S

They've pwned the English language.

What "faction" are the people on this site then?
Tue 31/05/05 at 01:58
Regular
"Captain to you."
I guess *light shy geeks* would be the correct term, but you will probably have to wait till morning to find out their "version" of what they are.
Tue 31/05/05 at 01:58
Regular
"The Red Shift"
"satyrs, murlocs, wildkin,"

WTF?
Tue 31/05/05 at 02:13
Regular
"The Red Shift"
JE-BUS.

How fecking huge/deep is this game?

I can see why peoples lives drain away before them.

How could they spend anytime on here?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.