GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It pains me to say..."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/05/05 at 01:18
Regular
"The Red Shift"
...what with everyone constantly talking about it, but:

What is WoW?

*gulps*
Wed 01/06/05 at 01:48
Regular
"The Red Shift"
What's the difference about servers?

I mean is it as simple as:

-One has constant PvP
-One has periods of PvP

?
Wed 01/06/05 at 02:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
On Rp and Normal servers entering contested areas does not automatically flag you for PvP, the games longevity is also aided by finding a good guild.
Wed 01/06/05 at 02:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Clazon wrote:
> What's the difference about servers?
>
> I mean is it as simple as:
>
> -One has constant PvP
> -One has periods of PvP
>
> ?

Player Vs Player servers add areas where you'll be flagged for PvP all the time, meaning anyone on the opposite faction can attack you. You'll be safe in your own territory though, unless you decide to engage in PvP against a wandering enemy, they'll not be able to attack you.

Player Vs Environment has no PvP areas. You can choose to engage in PvP where you want, even disengaging if you wish.

With the current Honor System, your best bet will be to go PvE. It's not fun on PvP at the moment, so unless you enjoy being killed by players 60 levels above you, and who then turn around and utter moronic insults as to how you should "live with it because it's PvP blah blah blah" stick with the old PvE.
Wed 01/06/05 at 09:09
Regular
"Bicycle"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Whatever.
> Is there still a lot of n00bs turning up?

I think so. I just convinced to of my mates to sign up, Horde side on Dragonmaw. Class.
Wed 01/06/05 at 11:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
cipro wrote:
> Player Vs Environment has no PvP areas. You can choose to engage in
> PvP where you want, even disengaging if you wish.

Actually there are, all major cities of the opposite faction will flag you if you try to enter.
Wed 01/06/05 at 11:15
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Is it me or are people growing bored of the game?
>
> There doesn't seem to be anywhere near the amount of posts about it
> recently.

Im still playing as much as ever, just not posting here about it as much.
Wed 01/06/05 at 12:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Whatever.
> Is there still a lot of n00bs turning up?

There's always people joining and also people tend to reroll characters so along with their level 60 they'll have another one they play as for a change to keep the game fresh i guess. I doubt you'll join to find everyone else being level 60's
Wed 01/06/05 at 19:28
"period drama"
How long would it take to burn up a 20G download limit playing WoW?
Wed 01/06/05 at 19:32
Regular
"Captain to you."
months i would guess there are only about 5 files that are downloaded while playing that contain barley any data, much like CSS reaching download limits just playing that would be bloody hard.

How long is your 20gig limit for, a month?
Wed 01/06/05 at 20:10
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hmm.. I'm still unsure whether, apart from downloading patches, online gaming actually takes up "download" caps?

I mean, if simply browsing the web does, surely games must eat the limit up real fast...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.