GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Go faster Goatboy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/05/05 at 18:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've never been into cars. They get me from A to B and I can put my drums in them, that's it.
But it was sunny today and I'm going to pillage a Parlimentary Secretary all weekend starting Saturday, so I thought I'd treat myself.

I got rid of my hulking, J reg Vauxhall Cavalier I bought 2938rd hand two years ago. It was similar to this [URL]http://www.trustvehicles.com/photos/silvervauxhallcavalier_k.jpg[/URL] and bought this instead [URL]http://www.gearstick.co.uk/images/large/Peugeot_206_5door_03.jpg[/URL]

Pick it up tomorrow and take my old wagon in for part-exchange on it.
And now I'm going to buy one in Forza and paint it silly colours and smash into a Mexican kid on my friends list who only likes Minis
Fri 27/05/05 at 09:48
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> I don't have a car. I remember being in sixth form and everyone was
> taking lessons and passing tests, and then you'd find out how much
> they were spending on it.

Aye, public transport for me starting from next week. I've needed a car all my working life (I work 15 miles from where I live, a hatred inducing 45 mins down the bottleneck that is the A1) and I'm really, really looking forward to getting rid of it.

Tax - 90 quid every six months. Gone.
Insurance - 50 quid a month. Gone.
Petrol - 120(!) a month. Gone.

Not to mention mot, and other "problems" that appear (last month it died on a motorway, the radio anti static that was earthed to the fuel pump caught fire and destroyed my electrics throughout the car)

It's going to be heaven. Still, I'll have to join the herd of grim faced commuters every morning....
Fri 27/05/05 at 10:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Fact: Most petrol station fires and explosions are caused by static electricity arcing from you, down the pump handle. Think about that next time you fill 'er up. Huuur.

(yes I know an explosion at a petrol station is a rare thing, blah blha blahaljshlda)
Fri 27/05/05 at 10:11
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> (yes I know an explosion at a petrol station is a rare thing, blah
> blha blahaljshlda)

Rare? I don't think I've ever heard of one.
Fri 27/05/05 at 10:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Probably because there are so many precautions. I think it's like avrogas though - burns up exceedingly quickly, almost in a flash. There wasa programme on Bravo (think it's been on Five too), "World's Biggest Explosions". I wish I was kidding, but it certainly delivered what it promised.

EDIT: I remember someone I used to work with years ago running into the shop in a panic: "A car just caught fire down at Tescos petrol station, run for you liiiives".
Fri 27/05/05 at 10:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
There you go: [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/4366337.stm[/URL]

Just before "Urban Legends".
Fri 27/05/05 at 10:19
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> There wasa programme on Bravo (think it's been on Five too),
> "World's Biggest Explosions". I wish I was kidding, but it
> certainly delivered what it promised.

That's the type of programme I used to love watching on a hungover Sunday. Best one I saw was one called "Mobs Out Of Control" that delivered in spades.

I still want to see "Fast Animals, Slow Children"

> EDIT: I remember someone I used to work with years ago running into
> the shop in a panic: "A car just caught fire down at Tescos
> petrol station, run for you liiiives".

Bloody hell. I've seen one car go up (on the way home from work on the previously mentioned A1) and when they go up, they go up. An orange inferno about 30 feet tall.
Fri 27/05/05 at 12:01
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> I still want to see "Fast Animals, Slow Children"

Ahahaha.. second laugh of the day if that's actually a real programme.

"The lion sensed blood, but what it didn't know was that Jenny was a... mongoloid..."
Fri 27/05/05 at 12:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If the mong was angried up, it'd be like the Hulk-Dog fight.
Fri 27/05/05 at 12:23
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Ahahaha.. second laugh of the day if that's actually a real
> programme.

Nah, It's on Family guy. Unfortunately. "Fox is running one of those new reality specials at eight. Fast Animals, Slow Children". Jungle track in the background, with this tiger belting along, mouth open, ears plastered back. Flash cut to fat kid "Gee, it sure is warm" (I think, while since I've seen it). Flash cut back to the tiger belting along.

And me crying laughing.
Fri 27/05/05 at 12:27
Regular
Two Family Guy quotes in one thread, hurrah

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.