GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stupid people on Live."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/05/05 at 05:35
Regular
"8==="
Stick your "stupid people on Live" quotes in here.

From Bungie.net:

"Anonymous Coward asks,

Is boosting cheating? And will I get banned for it?

Yes. As a matter of fact, you were actually stupid enough to include your Gamertag in this message, but by the time I'd checked, you had already been banned for matchmaking forever, because you'd already served out a seven day suspension and learned nothing from it. We're banning like crazy now, because we have better tools for detecting it. Boosting, for the non-cheaters amongst you, is the practice of "fixing" games so you play with your similarly idiotic buddy and artificially increase each others' rank. It sticks out like a sore thumb in our system kids. So QUIT DOING IT. And also, quit whining to me about your banning. I don't care. I look at the stats for every whiner email I get and they ALWAYS turn out to be a cheat. "It was my brother….waaah." Well, even if it was your alleged brother, your account is being used to ruin everyone's experience. So bye-bye."

Another good one:

On a Halo 2 'snipers only' game one american kid shouts "I took down the sniper!"

Guy on Rainbow Six 3 charges across the bottom of Warehouse as grenades land about him:

"Don't worry guys we'll definately make it this ti--"

Entire team bursts into laughter.

American kid:

"Yeah we beat you guys in the war of independence like 2000 years ago"
Thu 16/06/05 at 06:30
Regular
"8==="
Some guy talking crap in the post game lobby: "Do you want to speak to my girlfriend?"

*Guy puts on american sex chat line down the mike*

Me: "I now know what the american expression "Talk to the hand" really means.
Sun 05/06/05 at 12:53
Regular
"Hello"
I think people should vote to ban people I personnaly have never been banned.
Sun 05/06/05 at 12:48
Regular
"Hello"
An American kid shouted "Yeah I hit some one"
and started singing celebrations.
Then someone shot him.
Thu 26/05/05 at 23:52
Regular
"8==="
Yep an american friend of mine's made a diversity clan.

Mainly because he hates his fellow americans on Live. :D
Thu 26/05/05 at 23:49
"possibly impossible"
hm. I've hosted a few games with some good American guys in it, so I wouldn't want to exclude whole countries...

...it's when you get everyone together and they all speak different languages that it gets interesting...
Thu 26/05/05 at 23:47
Regular
"8==="
pb wrote:
> Live needs a 'ban' list as well as a friends list. That way, once
> you've found some obnoxious little punk and they've ruined your game,
> you just ban them from being in the same game as you...

Exactly the thing you'll be able to do on 360.

I think you'll be able to set it so you only play against British people if you want to.
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:22
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Now that is a good idea.

Heh, you get one guy that's on everyone's list, and he can't find a game, haha.
Thu 26/05/05 at 17:30
"possibly impossible"
Live needs a 'ban' list as well as a friends list. That way, once you've found some obnoxious little punk and they've ruined your game, you just ban them from being in the same game as you...
Wed 25/05/05 at 17:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah Americans tend to ruin most Live games with their desperate need to trash talk. My fiancee's grandmother decided to point out the war of independence to me a couple of weeks back. After mentioning the French to the old bint I also mentioned a war they DID actually do alone and subsequently got completely trashed.

She didn't like being reminded of how a bunch of people living in mud huts made them look stupid. Hate that old drunken crone - one of those people that found out she had Irish roots, knows sod all about the Irish except for finding the 2 words Potato Famine and then takes pops at me cause I'm English and she feels its her duty to whine at me every chance she gets. If you're reading this - Just DIE you old goat !

Of course some Americans are decent - met plenty of them over Live and in Florida. Its just that when you bump into the obnoxious retards, they come under that whole "bigger and better in the U.S" thing. Its not enough to be an obnoxious retard, they have to be the biggest stand out obnoxious retard ever. Like its something else they have to be the best at.

Sometimes it would be nice to have optimatch options that limit players to being from the same country so that sometimes you can escape all the mongs and just have a laugh.

Anyway, you guys have pretty much listed the stuff I hear. The most common one I get is "dude... you Austrailian ? No ? English ??" Because as you know, an Essex accent is easy to mistaken for Austrailian. Thats usually followed by a crap attempt to put on a posh English accent with the original line of "HAHA Want some tea and crumpets !? HAHAHAHA"

Got loads of abuse from a couple when I've replied with "actually, I prefer a cold drink after doin your Mum. I woulda had your cousin, but your Mum said she was with you."
Wed 25/05/05 at 08:41
Regular
"8==="
Played against a group in team training consisting of a level 33, 32 and 31 and one other.

Got standbyed to death.

More pointless people.

I'm still waiting to see someone over level 25 who doesn't cheat in someway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.