GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Today in Cardiff"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/05/05 at 14:14
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Because some genius scheduled the 2nd leg of Southends league 2 play off semi final, I won't be able to watch the whole of the FA Cup final.
Attempts to watch it at a bar in Southend have been scuppered also.
So I'm watching the first half at home, then hopefully the end of the game on a tv at Roots Hall.

Anyway as its the last FA cup the Millenium Stadium shall see (unless Wembleys late) and with no underdog team, its all set up to be (hopefully) a good game of football.

My prediction Arsenal 2-1 Pires to score first
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:24
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Mav wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> The game was nowhere near as entertaining and you didn't win.
>
> Arr - I've told you, I'm not a Man Utd supporter.
>

Sorry (again)
:)

> Arsenal can be excellent at times and open up the toughest of
> defences, and so Man Utd responded to this by getting men back behind
> the ball when Arsenal had posession. As someone already said - it's
> just common sense.

Not quite. Most teams fail by doing this. That's why we score so many goals. However it is true that Man U's defence is better than the majority of the rest of the Premierships.

> Yes, Arsenal won on
> penalties, but for me, Man Utd were easily the better side for 120
> minutes.

I completely agree.
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:18
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> The game was nowhere near as entertaining and you didn't win.

Arr - I've told you, I'm not a Man Utd supporter.

Arsenal can be excellent at times and open up the toughest of defences, and so Man Utd responded to this by getting men back behind the ball when Arsenal had posession. As someone already said - it's just common sense.

Anyway, that was how I felt the game went. Yes, Arsenal won on penalties, but for me, Man Utd were easily the better side for 120 minutes.
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:12
Regular
"The Red Shift"
or†ega wrote:
> omg, they've given bergkamp a new contract after that shocking
> performance today?!?!?!?

Today wasn't a fair assessment. He was playing out of position and in strange circumstances. I'm happy he's got the final contract he wanted. He's played well enough this season to deserve it.
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:11
Regular
"The Red Shift"
What happened:
Arsenal won the FA cup today.

Mav wrote:
> What's wrong with eight men behind the ball? It worked didn't it?

My thinking:
Nope.

The Old Trafford and Highbury games had far more shots, far more hard tackles, were far more entertaining and Man U won them both. (Well one and a draw really)

Today's game had very few hard tackles and Style's had an excellent game which kept everyone in check and controlled any flair ups. The game was nowhere near as entertaining and you didn't win.

If anything it shows that Ferguson couldn't win when it counted and changed his winning tactics when we didn't even have Henry or Campbell.
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:11
Regular
omg, they've given bergkamp a new contract after that shocking performance today?!?!?!?
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:10
Regular
square nose wrote:
> What's really important here though is that Juve are Serie A champions

you know where you and capello can shove your trophy :P
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:09
Regular
I'm not even going to bother...
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:09
Regular
"tokyo police club"
square nose wrote:
> Sorry to break it to you mate, but Arsenal won! Sorry, just though
> I'd let you know cheers!

zul-fase (L)
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:05
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I think the Man Yoo tactics were for an Arsenal with Henry. Which meant that when they did go forward, they didn't quite have the numbers to finish moves.
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:04
Regular
"kill or be killed"
Arsenal didn't deserve to win it and lehmans should be the man of the match.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.