GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Today in Cardiff"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/05/05 at 14:14
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Because some genius scheduled the 2nd leg of Southends league 2 play off semi final, I won't be able to watch the whole of the FA Cup final.
Attempts to watch it at a bar in Southend have been scuppered also.
So I'm watching the first half at home, then hopefully the end of the game on a tv at Roots Hall.

Anyway as its the last FA cup the Millenium Stadium shall see (unless Wembleys late) and with no underdog team, its all set up to be (hopefully) a good game of football.

My prediction Arsenal 2-1 Pires to score first
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:04
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I think myself and others would consider "8 men
> behind the ball at most times" defensive.
>
> Man U just sat back, fair enough, we didn't score, but towards the
> end it was inevitable that it would go to pens.

What's wrong with eight men behind the ball? It worked didn't it?

If there's one thing S'Alex can be happy about after today's game, it's that he's most likely silenced his critics. Tactically, Man Utd were very hard to fault - plenty of attacking football that created ample chances, and also, despite an injury-weakened defence, they managed to prevent Arsenal from coming anywhere near scoring.

Saying they sat back doesn't even deserve arguing against. I'll just say if you want to watch a match where a team sat back, take a look at the Euro 2004 England vs. Portugal match after Owen scored in the fifth minute, or the recent Liverpool vs. Chelsea Champions League game after Luis Garcia scored.

Read the statistics Kawada posted. Nobody sits back in a cup final.
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
You're the only one i've talked to so far who thinks the game was boring. Hard tackling, missed opportunities that should really have been put away, a shot hitting the post and another effort cleared off the line onto the bar.

You must be very tough to please
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:01
Regular
dont forget the corners

12 united corners to arsenals 1

Getting players behind the ball when you are playing against the top scorers in the prem isnt being defensive, its common sense!
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:00
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Kawada wrote:

> My god we were camped out in our own half all game. *sighs*

I didn't say that. I was merely commenting that your defence was just sitting back whenever we had the ball. Thus the game wasn't nearly as entertaining as if you actually pressed us. When you got shots they were all from free kicks or a couple of efforts from break aways.

And you can hardly use those stats against us, because they just prove my point. But why I am I arguing over the levels of enjoyment in that game? We just got a nice silver cup and 2nd place out of this season.
Sat 21/05/05 at 18:56
Regular
"The Red Shift"
or†ega wrote:
> thats one of most stupid comments i've read on here!

I'm sorry, but I think myself and others would consider "8 men behind the ball at most times" defensive.

Man U just sat back, fair enough, we didn't score, but towards the end it was inevitable that it would go to pens. We took the win from those penalties. Plus the game was boring apart from a couple of Lehmann saves and a Rooney volley that went a good few metres wide.
Sat 21/05/05 at 18:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Clazon wrote:
> It was stupid that Man U
> insisted on playing so defensively.

Let's have a look at the old stats shall we? (taken from Skysports.com)

Man United

8 Shots on Target
12 Shots off Target
8 Blocked Shots

Arsenal

1 Shot on Target
4 Shots off Target
3 Blocked Shots

My god we were camped out in our own half all game. *sighs*
Sat 21/05/05 at 18:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
square nose wrote:
> I second that notion.
>
> And Kawada, you're quite the whining little girl, aren't you?
>
> "ooh styles ooh you attention seeker ooh bye bye reyes"

Hmmm yes because i'm sure no one would have said the same had Ruud or another United player been sent off .......
Sat 21/05/05 at 18:48
Regular
Clazon wrote:
It was stupid that Man U
> insisted on playing so defensively.

ahahahaahahah

thats one of most stupid comments i've read on here!
Sat 21/05/05 at 18:45
Regular
Actually after what Almunia did against Sheffield Utd it was kind of expected that Lehmann would do the same :p
Sat 21/05/05 at 18:42
Regular
"The Red Shift"
That was not pretty to watch. Had it been any other teams, I would not have thought twice about turning over. It was stupid that Man U insisted on playing so defensively. It's a cup final for god's sake. Play entertaining football. Instead they nullified us, couldn't score themselves and I'm sure they'll be moaning that we stole it from them.

Which we did in a way. We didn't play well enough to win it in the 90 and I think penalties are a stupid way of ending a game. But 5 clean penalties were worthy of some praise. Wenger is still better off head to head. Another FA cup in the bag. Another clean sheet. And a nice bit of silverware in the cabinet.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.