GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Today in Cardiff"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/05/05 at 14:14
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Because some genius scheduled the 2nd leg of Southends league 2 play off semi final, I won't be able to watch the whole of the FA Cup final.
Attempts to watch it at a bar in Southend have been scuppered also.
So I'm watching the first half at home, then hopefully the end of the game on a tv at Roots Hall.

Anyway as its the last FA cup the Millenium Stadium shall see (unless Wembleys late) and with no underdog team, its all set up to be (hopefully) a good game of football.

My prediction Arsenal 2-1 Pires to score first
Mon 23/05/05 at 16:33
Regular
Mumbai Duck wrote:
> Lauren on Ronaldo was a bit disappointing too. He seemed to floor the
> guy every time he got beat. All game long. And only picked up 1
> yellow.
>
> Obviously they were quite sedate tackles, but still completely
> deliberate attempts to bring down a player who'd beat him, every
> time.

Hehe, I was actually talking to my friend about this before the match and he mentioned how Cole kept Ronaldo quiet last game. I said they'd probably play him on the left and Lauren wouldn't be able to tackle Ronaldo so he'd just opt to kick him instead ;) After the first one on one I knew it was going to happen the whole match, Lauren was pretty lucky to get a yellow so late in the game.

Clazon wrote:
> Grandprix wrote:
> For the first 70 odd minutes, I didn't realise Gilberto was on the
> pitch. He had a quiet game.

> That's how he always plays. I thought that too, but when I saw MOTD, > every interception and block was made by him and he tracked back all > day long. This was pleasing, despite him giving the ball away a bit > too much in attack.

Hehe, I used to think just like you GP but when Gilberto got injured and everyone said we had defensive problems and people pointed out how he always broke up a counter-attack or stopped a quick through ball, I've watched him more closely now and he rarely "goes missing" He had a good match against United, stopped a lot of passes and deflected a few shots. He also sometimes provided cover for Lauren when Ronaldo was coming at him seeing as Fabregas forgot to defend the 1st half ;)
Mon 23/05/05 at 15:54
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Grandprix wrote:
> For the first 70 odd minutes, I didn't realise Gilberto was on the
> pitch. He had a quiet game.

That's how he always plays. I thought that too, but when I saw MOTD, every interception and block was made by him and he tracked back all day long. This was pleasing, despite him giving the ball away a bit too much in attack.
Mon 23/05/05 at 11:31
Regular
"You have a choice"
Blank wrote:
> Lukeman wrote:
> I cried for half an hour after those damn penalties finished.
>
> I laughed for half an hour after reading this.

Your friendly arn't ya?

Anyways, I'm over it now and am more inclined to congratulate Lehman, he DID play well and he deserves the cup.

I would prefer it if he had been playin 4 United, but beggers can't be choosers lol.
Sun 22/05/05 at 21:19
Regular
Jees, the result was a bit disappoiting wasn't it?
Immediately after it finished Vieira was talking about how people would be saying Arsenal didn't deserve it, and he seemed to.. well.. completely agree.

Which is completely understandable, considering Utd's barage of missed chances, with two strikers who weren't finishing well, some great 'keeping to keep Arsenal going, a fair bit of luck. And no shots on goal AT ALL! in 90 minutes.

So Arsenal feel slightly embarrassed to win it, Utd can't feel good either having lost, nobody's happy.

Great match to watch though.

It's strange though - I can't quite get my head around it - Wenger's obviously a great manager. So how could he have got it so wrong on the day?
And then been unable to do anything to correct his problems when they were so obviously unthreatening?

Henry nothing. He still had Reyes, Bergcamp, V.Persie to play with, if he'd been able to use them.

What was all that about?

Lauren on Ronaldo was a bit disappointing too. He seemed to floor the guy every time he got beat. All game long. And only picked up 1 yellow.

Obviously they were quite sedate tackles, but still completely deliberate attempts to bring down a player who'd beat him, every time.

Why bother playing football, if you can just bring your man down, all day long?
Sun 22/05/05 at 17:09
Regular
"not dead"
It was like the story of United's season told in one game. Able to create plenty of chances, unable to score goals when it matters.

Besides, after beating Arsenal three times this season, they were bound to win this one, it's like, a new trend when big teams play each other numerous times over the season.

Man Utd do the League double over Arsenal, and beat them in the Carling Cup, but Arsenal win in FA Cup Final

Chelsea do League double over Liverpool and beat them in Carling Cup final. But Liverpool win the European Cup Semi.

Last season Arsenal do double over Chelsea in league and knock them out of FA Cup. Surprise, surprise, Chelsea win the fourth encounter, the Champions League Quarter Final.

It's a conspiracy, I tells ya.
Sun 22/05/05 at 16:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Man U were robbed.
Sun 22/05/05 at 15:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I thought Gilberto was going to be the difference maker, he has been great since he came back and thought he would have caused us all sorts of problems
Sun 22/05/05 at 15:06
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I was talking with my Arsenal mate and my brother about it when the MOTM was awarded. We all said Ronaldo should have got it.

For the first 70 odd minutes, I didn't realise Gilberto was on the pitch. He had a quiet game.
Sun 22/05/05 at 13:21
Regular
"tokyo police club"
It was an injustice. Rooney had many many brilliant shots but if I remember rightly only 2 ever troubled the keeper.

Ronaldo battered LAuren on the wing and even managed to beat Vieira and many of the other Arsenal players.

ALmost felt sorry seeing him cry. Then I laughed.
Sun 22/05/05 at 13:19
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Indeed, Little ronny was a speedy demon on that wing, making lauren look like a kid on his school field at a lunchtime

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.