GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've seen Episode 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 10:05
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
*Post contains no spoilers* (even though we all knew what was going to happen anyway)

Went to an early morning showing which started at 1am this morning (which made me feel exceptionally geeky not to mention tired this morning) and speaking in the style of master Yoda, "like it you will".

George Lucas has nearly, very nearly, redeemed himself for the monumental balls-up that is EP1. The battle scenes (of which there are probably too many if you want to be overly critical, but I guess it is set during a war) are just stunning, the lightsaber fights are fantastic, and the Star Wars atmosphere is overall a bit more like the original series of films. The way the film ties all the ends together to set it up for A New Hope is also done brilliantly, and it left me with quite a satsified feeling to finally see the kind of closure we all knew was coming.

I'll leave the long-winded reviews which break down every aspect of the film in microscopic detail to others, and simply say it was a darn enjoyable film, not quite sure if you'd ever say it was better than EPs 4, 5 or 6, but it certainly dumps over EPs 1 & 2 from a very great height.
Sat 28/05/05 at 13:30
Regular
He didn't talk in the Episode 3 I saw...

Just bowed his head and walked.
Sat 28/05/05 at 13:07
Regular
Bullett wrote:

> Jar-Jar makes a return (noooo!), but he doesn't talk! (yaaaaay!).

Yes he does (noooo!)
Sat 28/05/05 at 12:46
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Dringo wrote:

> Maybe he'll just do one more then.

Hope so.
Sat 28/05/05 at 12:44
Regular
The emotionless talk is purposely intended as the Jedi try not to let emotion cloud their judgement.

Surely I'm not the only one who understood that?
Sat 28/05/05 at 12:43
Regular
The Wardy wrote:
> My dad tells me that he heard on the radio that they are thinking of
> making another Star Wars film. Don't know much about it to be
> honest...anyone know any details?

There were plans to do Episode 7,8 and 9 after 1,2 and 3.

But Lucas scrapped that idea a while back.

Maybe he'll just do one more then.
Sat 28/05/05 at 12:40
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Very true. There are some good actors in the film so I don't understand why they made such a balls up of the acting. Here's a quote that made me cringe so badly my face nearly got stuck:

"You're not going to get away this time GREVIOUS"

That came from the mouth of Ewan Mcgregor, who I actually considered to be quite a good actor. I suppose you'll have to have seen it to know what I mean, but it really was like the kind of rubbish that you'd expect from a Captain Planet cartoon or something.

Darth Vader's "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" was equally crap.
Sat 28/05/05 at 12:37
Regular
I only really thought the bits with bad acting in were the bits where Anakin and (eurgh) Padme were together.

Although the loser who plays Anakin is a crap actor anyway.
Sat 28/05/05 at 12:35
Regular
"Captain to you."
I went to see this again yesterday, and it struck me how terrible the acting was, sure its all about the lightsabers and space fights but come on. There isn't a moment in the film where anyone looks like they are emtional about anything, the only bit that comes close is when obi-wan is yelling at the end, and everyone who yells normally looks upset.

Apart from the story, acting and bits that are missing it's an ok film for the fights but i have seen channel 5 films with more depth and feeling.
Sat 28/05/05 at 12:22
Regular
"Pwned. =)"
Hmm, ep3 was amazing but Im not sure if I agree about EP1 I thought it was quite good, with the exception of JARJAR >.< EP2 was atrocious though.
Sat 28/05/05 at 12:05
Regular
Wasnt that one little jedi kid Lucas' son?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.