GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've seen Episode 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 10:05
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
*Post contains no spoilers* (even though we all knew what was going to happen anyway)

Went to an early morning showing which started at 1am this morning (which made me feel exceptionally geeky not to mention tired this morning) and speaking in the style of master Yoda, "like it you will".

George Lucas has nearly, very nearly, redeemed himself for the monumental balls-up that is EP1. The battle scenes (of which there are probably too many if you want to be overly critical, but I guess it is set during a war) are just stunning, the lightsaber fights are fantastic, and the Star Wars atmosphere is overall a bit more like the original series of films. The way the film ties all the ends together to set it up for A New Hope is also done brilliantly, and it left me with quite a satsified feeling to finally see the kind of closure we all knew was coming.

I'll leave the long-winded reviews which break down every aspect of the film in microscopic detail to others, and simply say it was a darn enjoyable film, not quite sure if you'd ever say it was better than EPs 4, 5 or 6, but it certainly dumps over EPs 1 & 2 from a very great height.
Thu 26/05/05 at 22:28
Regular
"You've upset me"
down wrote:
> One question:
>
> When Bail Organa got out of his speeder thing, who was that little
> kid with the lightsaber?
>
> I thought all the younglings had died?

Yeah, I wondered that.
Thu 26/05/05 at 22:27
One question:

When Bail Organa got out of his speeder thing, who was that little kid with the lightsaber?

I thought all the younglings had died?
Thu 26/05/05 at 22:22
Regular
"You've upset me"
Saw it today...

As a stand-alone film it's enjoyable, incredibly impressive visually and a good (if rushed) story. As a Star Wars film it's alright, it destroys the other two and s@!£s on their graves but, for me, doesn't touch the original trilogy.

To me, the prequels just don't quite seem to be the legend, the saga that the originals are. I'm a massive Star Wars fan and so maybe that's because I'm over-sentimental but, in my eyes, the original trilogy is untouchable.

I think that, despite Lucas' efforts, the two are always going to be treated as two seperate entities. And rightly so. As a film, Revenge of the Sith is good. As a Star Wars film it's alright.

*SPOILERS*

• Anyone else think General Grievous was... ummm... crap?

• Yoda's speech just got so annoying. I swear his speech patterns have been exaggerated so much from the originals.

• I was really impressed by the Emperor, thought that was done very well, his voice was indistinguishable from the original.

• I agree that Anakin's turning is slightly too quick, but meh. Windu/Sidius fight is just plain cool.

• Christensen (sp?) actually put in a good performance in this one... when he wasn't required to speak. He's excellent at looking surly, which is more or less all he did in the second half (the good half) of the film.

• Since when could R2-D2 fly and catch?!!?

• The first 45mins-hour was crap. Just fairly dull, although the Count Dooku fight was quite cool.

• Natalie Portman was rubbish. Really really really diabolical.

• The fight between Vader/Obi Wan was great. Thought the leg chopping was a bit hurried (why didn't they force Push when they were on the platforms flying over the magma lake?), but the "You were the chosen one" speech was fantastic, probably the highlight of the film for me.

• Putting on the suit was... a bit... cringey. The "nooooooo" was appalling and his first few steps after he tears himself free were pathetic. Still, the breathing was awesome, I'd've loved to hear the Imperial March though.

• Plot lines were tied up nicely & I loved the Emperor's referencing of lines from the originals when he's talking to Anakin/Vader. Nice to hear a little of the Emperor's history (Darth Plagus{sp?} and all that). Sowed a seed in my mind that, as the Emperor could manipulate the medichloriants (whatever) to conceive, was he instrumental in Anakin's immaculate conception? Is he his "father"?

• The final shot of the twin Tattooine suns was a fitting and beautiful end/beginning to the saga.
Thu 26/05/05 at 16:44
Regular
M@rk wrote:

> Not sure why the wookies were involved it seemed like just a way to
> make people go "oh cool there'll be wookies fighting and we'll
> get to see Chewbacca"

It was because Yoda had to be out of the temple.
Thu 26/05/05 at 14:29
Regular
"you've got a beard"
The Wardy wrote:
> I saw it today, i was hoping when Darth Vader first appeared they
> would have really loud theme music in the background, but it didnt :(
> (you know that music that goes da.da.da-da.da.dada.da.dada)

Never has the Imperial March been typed so concisely :)
Thu 26/05/05 at 14:06
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
M@rk wrote:
> Samuel L Jackson comes in with 3 jedi and Chancellor Palpatine easily
> kills the other jedi as if they were normal stormtroppers. Mace Windu
> in no way seemed powerful at all.

I dunno, I liked that once Palpatine had been unmasked so to speak, he was incredibly powerful, and the Jedi underestimated how easy he would be to take. Hell, even the green thing gets his ass kicked (loved the insane cackling as Palpatine is hanging off the senate pod), turns into an air vent rat, and flees into exile.
Thu 26/05/05 at 14:02
Regular
"Captain to you."
M@rk wrote:
>
>
> Samuel L Jackson comes in with 3 jedi and Chancellor Palpatine
> easily
> kills the other jedi as if they were normal stormtroppers. Mace
> Windu

This part in the book is so good, everyone really should read it. I would post it but i would probably get warned and it would be edging on spam.
Thu 26/05/05 at 13:52
Regular
"Touched!"
M@rk wrote:

>
> Samuel L Jackson comes in with 3 jedi and Chancellor Palpatine easily
> kills the other jedi as if they were normal stormtroppers. Mace Windu
>
SPOILER

Erm..Mace had him beaten until Anakin walks in and slices his hand off. He was just about to finish him off. I do agree though..the other Jedi just died so easily

SPOILER END
Thu 26/05/05 at 12:00
Regular
Okay I finished watching the movie, and I'm going to assume that those who are reading this thread have already seen the movie so expect spoilers in my post if you havent.

Overall it was a good movie, not great, better than the other prequels. The beginning of the movie I didnt like, it was kinda like you missed the first episode last week and suddenly they're in a battle and you dont know what's going on. Anakin looks stupid he looked like he hadnt slept for weeks I dont know why he looked like that.

Samuel L Jackson comes in with 3 jedi and Chancellor Palpatine easily kills the other jedi as if they were normal stormtroppers. Mace Windu in no way seemed powerful at all.

Not sure why the wookies were involved it seemed like just a way to make people go "oh cool there'll be wookies fighting and we'll get to see Chewbacca"

The fight between Vader and Obi-wan was okay, but if he was going to get badly hurt atleast make it look good, dont attack him while he's flying in the air. I really didnt like the "Nooooooooooo!" Vader did when he got his new suit.

Padmé, despite the size of those two babies at the end she looked very thin. Also the medical robots and many other robots looked far more advantage than the robots we see 2 decades later in the later episodes.

Some of the acting wasnt very good I though, Hayden Christensen. Also some scenes looked very fake, too fake, too much blue/green cgi backgrounds. Just doesnt appeal to me.

At the moment Episode 3 has 8.1/10 on IMDB (females under 18 rated it the highest 9.0), I think I will give it umm 7/10
Thu 26/05/05 at 09:34
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
The Wardy wrote:
> If i was doing it I would have had Vader rising to the really loud
> Darth Vader music (You know the music they all start humming in that
> Orange Advert where Darth Vader has an idea for a film) and then it
> would cut off and you would hear the first couple of breaths.

It was very well directed with silence, a momentary look of utter horror on his face, then the slow drop of the mask from a POV shot. Click, whirr, snap, hissssssss

*vader breath*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.