GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've seen Episode 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 10:05
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
*Post contains no spoilers* (even though we all knew what was going to happen anyway)

Went to an early morning showing which started at 1am this morning (which made me feel exceptionally geeky not to mention tired this morning) and speaking in the style of master Yoda, "like it you will".

George Lucas has nearly, very nearly, redeemed himself for the monumental balls-up that is EP1. The battle scenes (of which there are probably too many if you want to be overly critical, but I guess it is set during a war) are just stunning, the lightsaber fights are fantastic, and the Star Wars atmosphere is overall a bit more like the original series of films. The way the film ties all the ends together to set it up for A New Hope is also done brilliantly, and it left me with quite a satsified feeling to finally see the kind of closure we all knew was coming.

I'll leave the long-winded reviews which break down every aspect of the film in microscopic detail to others, and simply say it was a darn enjoyable film, not quite sure if you'd ever say it was better than EPs 4, 5 or 6, but it certainly dumps over EPs 1 & 2 from a very great height.
Sat 28/05/05 at 15:12
Regular
Ant wrote:
> J Nash wrote:
> "On a par with Episode 1 for sure"
>
> Yes. Well done.

If you truly believe it was only as 'good' as Episode 1, then you need kicking. In the head.
Sat 28/05/05 at 15:11
Regular
"I like cheese"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> I also thought Grievous (sp?) was an excellent bad guy.
>
> Ahem. He was crap.

Ah cmon, for a guy who was only there to fill the void of bad dudes after Dooku (who sucked), he was great. Loving the four-saber technique.
Sat 28/05/05 at 15:10
Regular
"I like cheese"
J Nash wrote:
> "On a par with Episode 1 for sure"

Yes. Well done.
Sat 28/05/05 at 15:09
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ant wrote:
> I also thought Grievous (sp?) was an excellent bad guy.

Ahem. He was crap.
Sat 28/05/05 at 15:08
Regular
"You've upset me"
Yes actually, I've watched the first two this morning and am going to watch Return of the Jedi in a bit. There are times when the lines are fairly cringeworthy (prime example being Leia's "THEY'RE COMING THROUGH!!!" on the bridge in A New Hope), but the originals all have a certain charm about them that allows you (well, me anyway) to overlook the cheesiness, the degree of which isn't that bad anyway. Don't forget that Star Wars actually invented a lot of the clichés that we now recognise in it.

After sleeping on it, I've found myself looking back at Ep III with more fondness than I found when I came out of the cinema. I have some major criticisms of it, but I can't hate it as it's an admirable attempt to end the hardest trilogy anyone has ever had to make and to bridge the gap between it and one of the best trilogy's of films of all time. Plus it's just plain cool in places :-)
Sat 28/05/05 at 15:08
Regular
"On a par with Episode 1 for sure"
Sat 28/05/05 at 15:07
Regular
"I like cheese"
Fígó wrote:
> Are you sure you aren't watching Episode 1 or 2 Dringo? :)
>
> Jar Jar only appears when Kenobi and Anakin return from rescuing
> Palpatine and then near the end. He doesn't speak at all.

Jar Jar does say one word, near the end I believe, can't remember what it was though.
He's a legend anyway, deserved more lines.

Episode 3 was awesome, by the way. On a par with Episode 1 for sure, it's just a shame my favourite member of the Jedi Council (the one who was flying the ship and got shot down) is no more. :(

I also thought Grievous (sp?) was an excellent bad guy.
Sat 28/05/05 at 14:45
Regular
"you've got a beard"
actually yes, New Hope was on tv this morning and i must admit that the droids have been the comic relief through all the movies, so as irritating as i find it, at least it's consistant.
Sat 28/05/05 at 14:19
Regular
I agree with Edgy, although I found Anakin's deliverance of lines fairly poor at times. Other than that I thought it was fine.

Yeah, there's cheesy, corny bits at times, but that's Starwars.
Has anyone watched the originals lately?
Sat 28/05/05 at 13:53
Regular
Are you sure you aren't watching Episode 1 or 2 Dringo? :)

Jar Jar only appears when Kenobi and Anakin return from rescuing Palpatine and then near the end. He doesn't speak at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.