GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've seen Episode 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 10:05
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
*Post contains no spoilers* (even though we all knew what was going to happen anyway)

Went to an early morning showing which started at 1am this morning (which made me feel exceptionally geeky not to mention tired this morning) and speaking in the style of master Yoda, "like it you will".

George Lucas has nearly, very nearly, redeemed himself for the monumental balls-up that is EP1. The battle scenes (of which there are probably too many if you want to be overly critical, but I guess it is set during a war) are just stunning, the lightsaber fights are fantastic, and the Star Wars atmosphere is overall a bit more like the original series of films. The way the film ties all the ends together to set it up for A New Hope is also done brilliantly, and it left me with quite a satsified feeling to finally see the kind of closure we all knew was coming.

I'll leave the long-winded reviews which break down every aspect of the film in microscopic detail to others, and simply say it was a darn enjoyable film, not quite sure if you'd ever say it was better than EPs 4, 5 or 6, but it certainly dumps over EPs 1 & 2 from a very great height.
Wed 25/05/05 at 16:53
Regular
I think Yoda's talking about Qui Gon's ghost, and Obi Wan being trained to contact the dead. Liam Neeson in ghost form was supposed to appear in Episode 2, but it never materialised for some reason
Wed 25/05/05 at 16:47
Regular
Saw this today and thought it was excellant, but I didn't understand the Qui-Gon reference at the end? The guys dead so how can he be waiting for Kenobi?
Tue 24/05/05 at 08:48
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
M@rk wrote:
> idiots. I've not seen the movie yet but I'm seeing it tonight I'll
> edit in my comments then. :)

"Shelley Mandiville, 17, and Mark Webb, 20, made the weapons with fluorescent light tubes.

They filled them with fuel and washing-up liquid to act out a Jedi Knight fight scene from new movie Revenge Of The Sith.

They lit the liquid to illuminate the makeshift toys."

Darwin awards candidates. Idiots.

While we're at it, here's a link to an old "Star Wars is evil" site [URL]http://ooze.com/toolofsatan/index2.html[/URL]
Tue 24/05/05 at 08:46
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mystique wrote:
> [URL]http://darthno.ytmnd.com/[/URL]

A truely cringeworthy part of the movie, cliched to hell, and just after Lucas "pays homage" to Whales Frankenstein.
Tue 24/05/05 at 03:17
Regular
[URL]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005230662,00.html[/URL]

"TWO Star Wars fans suffered horrific burns in a mock battle with home-made lightsabers filled with PETROL....."

idiots. I've not seen the movie yet but I'm seeing it tonight I'll edit in my comments then. :)
Mon 23/05/05 at 22:40
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
I know the end the evil wins (Im not really up to star wars really never been 2)
Mon 23/05/05 at 21:58
Regular
A not so interesting fact for all you Star Wars-ers

C-3PO spoke the very first words, way back in the first Star Wars film, now known as 'A New Hope'

And he also speaks the last words in this latest film

It was in some crit or other, though, poetic isn't it?! Impressive eh?!
Mon 23/05/05 at 21:54
Regular
[URL]http://darthno.ytmnd.com/[/URL]
Mon 23/05/05 at 20:51
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Not sure what you meant by that, but the last spoken words were by
> C-3P0. Unless I passed out or something.

Yup, "Oh no" at mention of the mind wipe.
Mon 23/05/05 at 19:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I liked the fact that Eps I,II & III are all about the Jedi, who, lets face it, are bloody cool, whereas Eps IV,V & VI are much more about space battles and non-jedi stuff.

It means that each set of films is different enough that you don't really comare them too much. The space fights in the original trilogy are still awesome today, but the hand to hand combat is just poor. In the new ones, the hand to hand combat is easily the best thing about it, and I think Lucas really got it right in that respect.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.