GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driving"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/05/05 at 14:50
Regular
"SOUP!"
Simple stupid question, those of you who drive, was it like a learning curve or was it just like "click" one lesson and you could do it?

I officially quit driving today until further notice, mostly because I fear for my own life whilst driving, also partly due to lack of money.

Is it just "one of those things" that some people do naturally and others struggle to adapt to, or am I just completely carp (yes, carp) at it for no understandable reason?
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:00
Regular
"long time"
Learning to drive is one of the best thing`s iv`e ever done :)

Yey the open road ..
Fri 06/05/05 at 12:35
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I passed first time in January after 5 lessons from a friend, it seemed second nature to me from the very beginning, I think it runs in the family, my brothers were like that too.
Fri 06/05/05 at 12:48
Regular
"long time"
OMG 10 years i`ve been on the roads :0

I just can`t seem to get the hang of driving slow though...
Fri 06/05/05 at 13:53
"period drama"
SHEEPY wrote:
> If you don't really need to I wouldn't, complete rip-off.

'Tis a rip-off, and I won't own a car for about another 4 or 5 years.
But best to get it out the way while I've got all the spare time and no financial problems.

To be honest, I don't like driving much. But I'll get a car one day, and really couldn't be bothered to learn if I was in my 20s.
Fri 06/05/05 at 17:04
Regular
Same reasons as FFF.

Learning to drive now to get it out of the way before Uni and stuff.

Driving is fun once you get the hang of it, I'm alright on my turn in the road etc, but have small problems with reversing around a corner.

Its even better when you get out onto the more open dual carriageways and you can slam your foot on the gas. Its a rush.

Although, it is full of frustration as well. My pet hatreds when driving are: -

1. Cyclists.
2. Slow drivers
3. Pedestrians who press the button at a crossing then cross the road without waiting for the green light to activate. Leaving drivers to wait at the lights for no reason
4. Cyclists.
5. Oh and, did I mention, Cyclists?

Yeah. So, meh.
Fri 06/05/05 at 17:52
Regular
Im thirteen and the only car I have ever driven is the little cars at legoland. I went past a red light. I am so gangster.
Fri 06/05/05 at 17:56
"period drama"
Cyclists that don't use the cycle lanes.
Now there's something to scream about. Idiots.
Fri 06/05/05 at 18:01
Regular
"Excommunicated"
People doing 30mph on a 50mph road.
Fri 06/05/05 at 18:05
Regular
Or 15 on a 30 road.

*gets wound up just thinking about it*
Fri 06/05/05 at 18:43
"period drama"
People who pull out right in front of you, making you slam the brakes on, and then say thank you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.