GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IGN Halo 2 review"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Sun 07/11/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
9.8 - one decimal point less than San Andreas.

He dies at the end.
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:31
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
And i'm included!

BTW, I just got a router so i'll be able to be on MSN and XBOX Live at the same time!
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:33
Regular
Yep, read the Gamespot one a bit earlier, sounds exactly like Halo, good but with similar flaws to the first

This is why I refused to hype it up to Half-Life 2 esque levels.

I rarely even play LIVE and it does sound like an online game first and an offline game second.

"Everything that you maybe didn't love about Halo is pretty much back, too. Let's face it: Halo was an incredible game, but some aspects of it were relatively weak. Most notably, many players felt that the game's occasionally repetitive level designs undermined the action, such as when the Master Chief squared off against the Flood in the infamous Library level. Also, though the game's visuals were terrific in the heat of battle, Halo's cinematic cutscenes using the game's 3D engine left a lot to be desired--they looked decidedly rough when compared with the rest of the game. These shortcomings rear their heads again in Halo 2"
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:36
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
" Halo's cinematic cutscenes using the
> game's 3D engine left a lot to be desired--they looked decidedly
> rough when compared with the rest of the game. These shortcomings
> rear their heads again in Halo 2"

Most liked it, certainly didn't ruin my enjoyment of the game.
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:37
Regular
"\\"
They didn't fix Halo's problems?

Why?

Why?

WHY?

Argh. I couldn't care less about dual wielding, I was expecting it not to be all buggy. But nooo!...

I'll still be spending a good majority of my life on it though.

EDIT: I didn't really find the cinematic stuff too much of a problem either... But the repetitive level design. I did still enjoy it... But it could do without it.
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:40
Regular
The level design was a pain in the ass and apparently they haven't fixed it.

Won't bother most though as the majority will play it once and then just play LIVE the rest of the time.
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:44
Regular
"\\"
But I was looking forward to the single player more than the online play... Still am. Just a little disapointed.
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:46
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Halo 2 got 0.1 less than GTA SA.

"OG Loc > Halo 2" - From the Gamespy forums.

AHAHAHAHAHA!
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:51
As long as the game has levels akin to AOTCR, SC and Two Betrayals, the single player will forever be replayable.
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:54
Regular
"\\"
That second screenshot Icarus linked to does indeed make it look a hell of alot of fun.
Sun 07/11/04 at 21:58
Regular
"Touched!"
As long as the Live play is decent that's all I care about, I'm glad it's got over 9.0 anyway, can't wait for it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.