GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Election 2005"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/04/05 at 13:25
Regular
I have made up my mind, after years of being Liberal I am going to vote Labour at the elections next Thursday. Reason are way to many to list but in short, since Labour took over I have bought my own home, we have a good life style we want for little and in general for me at least every thing is tickety Boo just now.
Thu 12/05/05 at 13:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
kevstar wrote:
> Now if you take tabs and drink, there's a
> age limit 16 and 18, it's done within moderation. So to compare the
> two apart is not only wrong, but dangerous to kids by sending them
> the wrong message. Drugs are bad, ask your mum's, she'll tell you
> straight!

I've been smoking and drinking since I was thirteen. Putting an age limit on something is meaningless if someone wants to do something badly enough.
Thu 12/05/05 at 13:32
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Another reason why it's wrong for the dealers to deal drugs is because theese people sell the stuff(no matter what it is)to kids who are to young to know otherwise. Now if you take tabs and drink, there's a age limit 16 and 18, it's done within moderation. So to compare the two apart is not only wrong, but dangerous to kids by sending them the wrong message. Drugs are bad, ask your mum's, she'll tell you straight!

And to also say there's never been any deaths through taking canabis is well, untrue. Just because none have been reported doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I wonder how many deaths have been related to smoking canabis whether that may be Cancer or suicide by depression. Light says he's smoked canabis and it's never done any harm to him, in fact it's given him 2 promotions, well done. But I wonder(depending on how you take it, whether it's the strong skunk kind or the weaker solid form, and how much in a day) that it has indeed done at least some harm to you. I reackon it must have made you more unfit, no doubt. And if it's joints you smoke, I reackon that will be even worse. Maybee you should read this little snippet...

[URL]http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5037968.html[/URL]
Thu 12/05/05 at 11:31
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Sibs wrote:
> Please. Alcohol is harmful. If people know the risks and do it
> regardless, then that's their decision.

Alcohol and tabs tens of thousands people a year. Tabs being the main killer obviously.

Hash has killed. erm. *Zero*.

IMHO, the only reason E deaths generate so much fuss is becuase it can kill on the first attempt. The death of a 17 year old first time E user is tragic, the death of a 60+ lifelong drinker and smoker less so.
Thu 12/05/05 at 11:16
Regular
"8==="
It basically revolves around the 'drenched in sarcasm' speech at the start in which McGregor's character Renton (I think) says:

*Goes off to find speech on the net*

Edit:

"Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ******* big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ******* fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the **** you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ******* junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****** up brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose life."

Apparently it's a poem, I found it on the net under 'trainspotting speech'.

Obviously I've edited it to fit this evil consumer-site's standards. ;)
Thu 12/05/05 at 11:12
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Hedfix wrote:
> The Trainspotting dance tune.

Ah. Haven't seen Trainspotting before I don't think. Can't remember... I see most films when tired and/or drunk so...
Thu 12/05/05 at 11:11
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
kevstar wrote:
> Most drugs yes, because thier addictive, and when someones addicted
> to drugs they depend on them, and when someone depends on drugs thats
> when it becomes dangerous. Tell me what drugs do you think do
> possitive things? And I don't wan't any prescription drugs included!

They expand your mind maaaaan... But seriosuly, as a nation we must perceive there being some benefits to drugs or why else would we be such a nation of alcohol drinkers? People drink because they enjoy it. So why is it any more wrong to derive enjoyment from, say, smoking dope or taking ecstacy or any drug? Becuase they're harmful? Please. Alcohol is harmful. If people know the risks and do it regardless, then that's their decision.

> As I mentioned to stafio I understands some of the points in favour
> of drugs(take a look and check the points we were making), but I
> don't accept that anyone who commits a crime to feed there habbit,
> shouldn't be locked up.

But before it was anyone who uses drugs for personal use should be locked up... Now it's only if they're committing some other crime to pay for the habit...
Thu 12/05/05 at 11:06
Regular
"8==="
The Trainspotting dance tune.
Thu 12/05/05 at 11:05
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Hedfix wrote:
> Yes, I've been listening to 'Choose Life' too. ;P
> Valid point.

?
Song? Album? Who?
Thu 12/05/05 at 10:56
Regular
kevstar wrote:

> but I
> shouldn't be locked up.

Well there you go, we're all with you there.
Anyone who commits these crimes will still be locked up.
Just like a violent drunk will be locked up for being dangerous, and although you could blame the alcohol for his behaviour, that doesn't mean that people should be locked up for drinking. Wheras people who commit crimes should be locked up (to protect society from them) whatever their excuse.

It was never the LibDem policy to let people get away with crime.
They just kind of established that personal use of cannabis isn't really a proper crime.
Thu 12/05/05 at 10:42
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
kevstar wrote:

> Kevstar, do you believe that drugs are always bad and only do
> negative things?
>
> Most drugs yes, because thier addictive, and when someones addicted
> to drugs they depend on them, and when someone depends on drugs thats
> when it becomes dangerous. Tell me what drugs do you think do
> possitive things? And I don't wan't any prescription drugs included!

If you believe that, then take every single one of your albums, cds. MP3 files and destroy them. To entirely steal the words of Bill Hicks, the people who made that music that enriches your life and connects with you on an emotional level? They were REAL high. Quite a few of 'em were addicts. And a huge amount of creative people in many fields credit drugs with opening up doors of perception.

Other positive things? Well, if one wants to get all Job-obsessed about it, I'm a habitual dope smoker and it relaxes me immeasurably. And I've just been promoted twice in two months. Can't say it's done me any harm.

Yes, drugs harm some people. That's the problem of those people more than the drugs.

Are you saying you want caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, salt and sugar (every one of which is an addictive substance) banned?
>
>
> As I mentioned to stafio I understands some of the points in favour
> of drugs(take a look and check the points we were making), but I
> shouldn't be locked up. And to make the point that the Lib Dems are
> now thinking of changing there pollicy as they know it cost them
> votes in the election. So basically what i'm saying is that now all 3
> of the partys now agree with me, just like many of the topics i've
> debated on here with you.

Bwahahahahahaaaa! So anyone who "thinks of changing a policy" therefore automatically agrees with you? Wow....get over yourself.

You think people should be locked up? Well, the Libdems think that community sentences are better. As prison, in almost every case, leads to criminals becoming more hardened (and I'm touched by your naive belief that someone in prison won't have access to drugs...), then your belief would lead to more crime. The bottom line is that the Libdems ALWAYS agreed with you and everyone else that a crime should be punished. What they disagreed was that cannabis use and personal drug use in itself is a crime.

But as you didn't even vote, your belief carries no weight with any political party.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.