GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Election 2005"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/04/05 at 13:25
Regular
I have made up my mind, after years of being Liberal I am going to vote Labour at the elections next Thursday. Reason are way to many to list but in short, since Labour took over I have bought my own home, we have a good life style we want for little and in general for me at least every thing is tickety Boo just now.
Fri 13/05/05 at 10:13
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Petty "I'm better than you" quips don't wash in here Kev.

Personally, I think he's lying out of his ass. Like with his sisters black boyfriend. For a supposed ex user of everthing including heroin, the language comes across as wrong and uninformed.
Fri 13/05/05 at 10:11
Regular
kevstar wrote:
> Listen, I know about drugs more than anyone on this site so don't
> even go there.

Petty "I'm better than you" quips don't wash in here Kev.
Fri 13/05/05 at 10:09
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Kevstar, you're missing the fact that booze is the second biggest killer in this country. Nicotine is first.

"Alcohol is one of the most dangerous and damaging drugs in Britain today," Dr. Harris said. "Excessive boozing kills four times as many people as drug abuse. It is one of the main causes of anti-social, aggressive and violent behaviour. It causes huge problems for the health service - for accident and emergency departments as well as doctors treating the effects of long-term alcohol abuse, such as liver damage and heart disease."

In the words of Bill Hicks, "It's O.K. to drink your drug; we meant those other drugs -- those untaxed drugs. Nicotine, alcohol: good drugs. Coincidentally, taxed drugs."

Ban booze! While we're at it ban gambling! That breaks up familys too! Oh add perscription painkillers to the list! etc etc etc.

I really cant see the problem with someone smoking a joint or two if they want to. The worse that can happen in a night? They'll throw their guts up on a whitey.

Kevstar - "Whine whine whine...Depression". Alcohol causes more depression problems.
Fri 13/05/05 at 09:50
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
kevstar wrote:
> even go there.

Yes. Obviously. I'm sure you're entirely unique in knowing of a situation where drugs have caused a lot of suffering and anxiety...

I've known people who died of the stuff as well as
> taking the stuff myself. I'm talking about from smack to canabis, so
> don't even try to attempt to say I don't know nothing about drugs!

Just because you've taken them doesn't actually mean you're well informed... It's not exactly hard to accept the offer of someone you know to take a hit of something. It's not like they'll ask you a questionnaire about the effects of this drug before allowing you any. Similarly with dealers... They either assume you know what you're doing or don't care either way as long as they get paid.

> The difference is i've learn't my misstakes! I don't do any of that
> s£$t any more. I not only know what it does, but how it affects
> other people, do you? Do you know how a family can basically
> dissintigrate of drugs, cos I do, do you know how a family can go
> fron 2.4 children to a bunch of alcholicks because of someone in
> thier family dying of a drugs overdose?

So they're all alcoholics now... So do you think we should be banning alcohol? Because obviously that's having an influence on them remaining depressed (being a depressant and all...) If we stopped the family from drinking it might help them get back on their feet, because yes it is a tragedy, but I'm guessing the overdose wasn't cannabis (or you would already have mentioned it as evidence against claims no-one has died of cannabis) which is the drug most people are talking about here...
Fri 13/05/05 at 09:41
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
kevstar wrote:
> The fact is light, i've also smoked dope, so your saying that it's up
> to the individual? What if that individual is 13 years old? Would you
> still be willing to suply just because he's got his own choice? This
> is my point, Just because you think it's alright because it hasn't
> done any damage that you know of to yourself doesn't mean that it
> won't do any damage to any one else does it?.

I'm pretty sure he never said it hasn't done any damage to him, because quite clearly smoking anything will muck up your lungs to a degree. He said it was up to the individual... If cannabis could be sold legally we wouldn't (or shouldn't anyway...) have the problem of youngsters getting the stuff because the government could impose age restrictions like on smoking cigarettes...

> Even if you do smoke canabis light do you think it's best to advitise
> on a website used by children to do so? And so if theres no deaths
> caused by canabis, does that mean that there hasn't been any deaths
> caused related to smoking the s£$t that you preach? You are a
> idiot do you know that, smoking drugs that are known to give
> depression, anxiety and lazyness and saying "it's never
> happened to me" is definatly ignorance on your behalf.

Erm, it's actually just repeating his experience... If it hasn't happened to him, what would you like, that he lied on the board because otherwise some kids might not get indoctrinated with the usual government propaganda? I don't think anyone disputes that all drugs can be harmful (and again I raise the point that alcohol is just as much a drug as cannabis, it doesn't cease to be so because it's legal), but in a hell of a lot of peoples view the danger of cannabis is overstated because it is socially unacceptable.
Fri 13/05/05 at 07:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
kevstar wrote:
> even go there.

That's very presumptuous of you.
Fri 13/05/05 at 02:41
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Strafio wrote:
> kevstar wrote:
> Another reason why it's wrong for the dealers to deal drugs is
> because
> theese people sell the stuff(no matter what it is)to kids who are to
> young to know otherwise. Now if you take tabs and drink, there's a
> age limit 16 and 18, it's done within moderation.
>
> First off, people don't stick to the age limits for either.
> You get kids as young as 12 or 10 on bottles of Vodka, kids as young
> as 8-9 smoking.
>
> Secondary, does that mean drugs are generally alright in moderation
> then?
> (don't be pedantic and mention crack or heroin because I'm obviously
> not talking about them!!)
>
> Kevstar, I don't mean to be rude, but you don't really seem to know
> anything about drugs other than the slogans and stereotypes you've
> been taught to repeat.

Listen, I know about drugs more than anyone on this site so don't even go there. I've known people who died of the stuff as well as taking the stuff myself. I'm talking about from smack to canabis, so don't even try to attempt to say I don't know nothing about drugs! The difference is i've learn't my misstakes! I don't do any of that s£$t any more. I not only know what it does, but how it affects other people, do you? Do you know how a family can basically dissintigrate of drugs, cos I do, do you know how a family can go fron 2.4 children to a bunch of alcholicks because of someone in thier family dying of a drugs overdose?
Fri 13/05/05 at 02:26
Regular
"Don't let me down"
The fact is light, i've also smoked dope, so your saying that it's up to the individual? What if that individual is 13 years old? Would you still be willing to suply just because he's got his own choice? This is my point, Just because you think it's alright because it hasn't done any damage that you know of to yourself doesn't mean that it won't do any damage to any one else does it?.

Even if you do smoke canabis light do you think it's best to advitise on a website used by children to do so? And so if theres no deaths caused by canabis, does that mean that there hasn't been any deaths caused related to smoking the s£$t that you preach? You are a idiot do you know that, smoking drugs that are known to give depression, anxiety and lazyness and saying "it's never happened to me" is definatly ignorance on your behalf.
Thu 12/05/05 at 14:06
Regular
kevstar wrote:
> Another reason why it's wrong for the dealers to deal drugs is because
> age limit 16 and 18, it's done within moderation.

First off, people don't stick to the age limits for either.
You get kids as young as 12 or 10 on bottles of Vodka, kids as young as 8-9 smoking.

Secondary, does that mean drugs are generally alright in moderation then?
(don't be pedantic and mention crack or heroin because I'm obviously not talking about them!!)

Kevstar, I don't mean to be rude, but you don't really seem to know anything about drugs other than the slogans and stereotypes you've been taught to repeat.
Thu 12/05/05 at 13:59
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
kevstar wrote:
> Another reason why it's wrong for the dealers to deal drugs is because
> age limit 16 and 18, it's done within moderation. So to compare the
> two apart is not only wrong, but dangerous to kids by sending them
> the wrong message. Drugs are bad, ask your mum's, she'll tell you
> straight!

Because, of course, no-one drinks under age...

D'you want to know something? Every drug I ever tried, I tried it for the first time when I was drunk and (in most cases) under 18. So why aren't you yelling from the rooftops to ban drinking? And why aren't you complaining about other addictive substances such as caffeine, salt, and sugar?

Incidentally, have you burned your music collection in line with your anti-drugs stance yet?

>
> And to also say there's never been any deaths through taking canabis
> is well, untrue. Just because none have been reported doesn't mean it
> hasn't happened.

Indeed. And just because there have never been any reports of 8 foot tall Mongolian goatherders delivering roses to crippled children whilst singing "I'm the Urban Spaceman Baby", doesn't mean it hasn't happened...

If you have no evidence of something (and in this case you do not), then what you are saying is "fantasy".

> I wonder how many deaths have been related to smoking
> canabis whether that may be Cancer or suicide by depression.

And I wonder how many similar deaths are caused by drink and cigs. I repeat; why aren't you asking for them to be banned?

> Light
> says he's smoked canabis and it's never done any harm to him, in fact
> it's given him 2 promotions, well done. But I wonder(depending on how
> you take it, whether it's the strong skunk kind or the weaker solid
> form, and how much in a day) that it has indeed done at least some
> harm to you. I reackon it must have made you more unfit, no doubt.
> And if it's joints you smoke, I reackon that will be even worse.
> Maybee you should read this little snippet...
>
>
> [URL]http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5037968.html[/URL]

So smoking joints does harm to the body?

/golfclap

What's your next revelation? Vanessa Feltz has eaten a few cakes in her time?

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that I believe drugs don't harm ones body. Balls. I'm saying that it's up to the individual to choose what they do to their body. Apart from "I don't like drugs", you've not said much to dissuade me. If you don't like 'em, fine. What gives you the right to force that view on others? Especially when you failed to vote thus rendering your views impotent and your voice unheard.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.