GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Election 2005"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/04/05 at 13:25
Regular
I have made up my mind, after years of being Liberal I am going to vote Labour at the elections next Thursday. Reason are way to many to list but in short, since Labour took over I have bought my own home, we have a good life style we want for little and in general for me at least every thing is tickety Boo just now.
Mon 09/05/05 at 10:54
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Strafio wrote:
> Lots of stuff, all with far more patience than I can muster when dealing > with kevstar

I believe I'll bow out of this one; kevstar's habit of coming to a conclusion and then sticking with it come what may irritates me beyond reason, and the whole thing degenerates into a slanging match.
Mon 09/05/05 at 10:41
Regular
"Don't let me down"
I understand where your coming from, but even with canabis, you still get people coming to your door for it, mainly young 14-18 year olds, this I guess is where my problem is with theese people. I mean, it's like there promoting the stuff, the kids are smoking it, and then doing stupid things while taking it. And canabis is supposed to give you depresion, anxiety and does the same damage as smoking would do. Now I smoke and drink, but for me this pollicy sounds like there saying canabis isn't a bad drug, but if it's not a bad drug, then what is it?

Now don't get me wrong, some canabis smokers only take it to releve pain from conditions they may suffer from, this is the only area i'd be willing to accept a need for the drug. What I would personally like to see is more research going into the effects theese drugs have on people, not just skunk, but grass and solid as well, along with reaserch into the way the drug is taken, by bong or by joint. How can they downclass a drug when no one knows the true effects it has on people?
Mon 09/05/05 at 10:20
Regular
You're still assuming that all drugs are heroin, and not even everyone who does heroin has a "habit".

If you're talking about the harm of the drugs rather than the dealers themselves, then you're a little bit right. But then cannabis is only in the same league and alcohol, ciggarettes and fast food when it comes to health, and only a small percent get addicted to it.

Coke, LSD and Ectasy are a bit more risky...
So no laws have been laxed on these.

You're thinking of Crack and Heroin.
Now those two are the ones I wouldn't mind seeing a MAJOR crackdown.
Rest assured that no laws have been laxed on these.
Mon 09/05/05 at 10:14
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Well personaly, I accept that all dealers don't mean to be harmfull, but the fact is they are. Would you like to live next door to a dealer, think about it, drug users coming in your street every 5 minutes knocking on the door for drugs isn't exactly a good way to promote the street as a good neighbourhood to live in is it. And the people who take theese drugs? The fact is theese people know the difference between right and wrong before they commit a crime to feed thier habbit. And because they know that difference, any crime they commit should be punished the same as anyone else. What, you think it's a special case because there addicted? That s"£t doesn't wash dowm with me i'm sorry, but that's just my opinion.

I think the people who take theese drugs should be put in a cell for 5 days to do thier cold turkey, once the drugs are out thier system, sure give them help and let them get skills for when there back on the outside. Theese people should however, still to the time for the crime they done, it's injustice otherwise.
Mon 09/05/05 at 10:03
Regular
He used some mean assumptions about you when taking the mick, but he kept his arguments spot on valid.

Get your arguments right and then... call him old! :-P
Mon 09/05/05 at 09:58
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> kevstar wrote:
> Ohh really, when it was him who said that they would still do time
> when that is not the case, is it. So that makes him just as wrong as
> my statement, so it's only right I correct him and call him a
> hypocrite cos he's only done the same thing himself.
>
> But you're making wild assumptions based on a hypothetical situation.
> Can you not see that?

Well what do you think he done to me?
Mon 09/05/05 at 09:58
Regular
Dude, doing community work is still "doing time".
It's not getting away "free".
So what's your problem with all this? That small time cannbis dealers aren't really harmful, or that you don't think petty crimes should be let off with "community work"?
Mon 09/05/05 at 09:53
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
kevstar wrote:
> Ohh really, when it was him who said that they would still do time
> when that is not the case, is it. So that makes him just as wrong as
> my statement, so it's only right I correct him and call him a
> hypocrite cos he's only done the same thing himself.

But you're making wild assumptions based on a hypothetical situation. Can you not see that?
Mon 09/05/05 at 09:49
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Ohh really, when it was him who said that they would still do time when that is not the case, is it. So that makes him just as wrong as my statement, so it's only right I correct him and call him a hypocrite cos he's only done the same thing himself.
Mon 09/05/05 at 09:40
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
kevstar wrote:
> So where does it say that they're going to actually serve time for
> breaking and entering?

Huh? YOU were the one who wrote: -

kevstar wrote:
> Ok, so they won't arrest people who take drugs to feed there habbit.
> What about the crimes they commit to feed this habbit of theres. So
> if a man breaks into my house and steals my things in order to feed
> his habbit, i'll be in the knowledge that this person won't go to
> jail because, well he's addicted and he wasn't dealing. Not that it
> matters anyway because they didn't win did they.

I don't get where you're going with that argument to be honest. Using cannabis is not a "get out of jail free" card...

You're making some huge assumptions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.