GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh God..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/04/05 at 00:29
Regular
": ("
I've just found out something I really didn't want to. Just a minute ago I was downstairs by myself watching All New Cosmetic Surgery while my parents were sleeping, then my dad's mobile rang and I ignored it, then it made a beeping sound because the person phoning had just left a voice mail message.

So I got up to see who was ringing because it is quite late and people don't normally phone at this time, I listened to the voice mail message and it was a lady saying something like "Im fed up with this, you said Sandra and you were finished and you lied, it's over blah blah blah".

(Something like that, im not gonna type the whole thing)

Anyway, this woman was NOT my mum, I know that for sure. And it's not like my dad has someone elses phone, it's his, hes had it for ages.

Now, if a lady leaves a voice mail on my dad's phone, speaks as if their having a relationship and that woman isn't my mum, shouldn't I be worried?

I remember something similar to this happening quite a while ago when I was quite young, I was just browsing around on my dad's phone and found a text message from some woman who had obviously been having a relationship with him, but I didn't do anything, cause I was young...and scared that my parents would split up or something.

But now, it's the second time and I don't think im gonna easily forgive and forget. Im still quite shocked that my dad could do this but im also pretty p*ssed off because my mum does so much for us and my dad, and to think that while my mum washes our clothes, irons etc etc my dad is out there somewhere getting it off with some other biatch.

There is no way I can just let this past me, and im terrible at keeping secrets so i've got to let this out someway. So, I want to know what you think I should do? I knwo the woman on the phone said "it's over" but that isn't the point, who is this 'Sandra' biatch? I'd be really p*ssed off if I find out my dad had more than one person he's cheating on.

Should I tell my mum, get her all upset and risk my parents splitting up? Or should I keep quiet and live my life knowing my dad is bonking some other woman behind my mum's back?

Personally I don't think my mum deserves that, but if I do tell her I don't want my dad to know it was me who found out, I'll have to get my mum to listen to it on his mobile and pretend she was the first to hear it.

Has anyone else been in this situation before, and whats it like when your parents split up?

Help? :'(
Fri 22/04/05 at 11:41
Regular
Dawson needs money, so Dawson can't tell his mum about his dad.

He needs to hang with Pacey on the Creek.

Teen angst, teen angst.
Fri 22/04/05 at 11:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Stridman wrote:
> I dont want to wreck my parents marriage.

Sounds to me like it's pretty much wrecked already by your Dad. Your Mum deserves the truth, but like I said last night it should be your Dad to tell her.
Fri 22/04/05 at 10:58
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Your only answer is to have it out on the Jerry Springer show.

*Sleepy should be the host, vote Sleep now!
Fri 22/04/05 at 10:38
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Stridman wrote:
> I dont want to wreck my parents marriage. I wish I didn't listen to it
> in the first place.
>
> I think from the way the woman was talking it was definately directed
> to my dad, but it's whether I want to tell anyone that I heard it or
> not.

Your best bet is to live with it and not say anything. Until you have hardcore evidence.
Fri 22/04/05 at 10:35
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Stridman wrote:

> It all explains why when my mum tells my dad to go and get some bread
> or something from the shop he doesn't come back for about a hour, when
> the shop is just 5 minutes away.

Doesn't your mother also know the shop is only 5 minutes away?
Fri 22/04/05 at 10:34
Regular
I dont want to wreck my parents marriage. I wish I didn't listen to it in the first place.

I think from the way the woman was talking it was definately directed to my dad, but it's whether I want to tell anyone that I heard it or not.
Fri 22/04/05 at 10:30
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Stridman wrote:
> Sandra isn't my mum. I cant tell anyone right now cause I need money
> off of them both to go out today so i'll probably tell someone
> tonight. Im glad I didn't find anything else on his phone, I think he
> does delete his messages but he couldnt delete this one because I
> heard it first.

Wait a minute - let me just get this straight. You posted late last night bacause you were all upset and angry with your father. You want to tell your mother, despite several of us saying you shouldn't get involved, because you want MONEY!! of them both tonight?

*/ Sarcasm
Way to go on getting your priorities right
/*

So there was a message last night from one woman, to a bloke she doesn't name, telling him to stop seeing / sleeping with another woman and neither of the named women are your mother?

So on this very flimsy evidence you have gone from 'I have just found out my father is seeing another woman' to 'I have just found out that my father is a tramp and is seeing at least two women behind my mothers back'.

Just because she is on his list of contacts doesn't mean she left the message on the wrong phone. It is easy to do and has happened to me (not the same scenario though). I say again, unless your father is extremely stupid, he wouldn't have her listed on his mobile - they are so easy to check especially when left lieing around for anyone to pick up and answer.

You need more to go on before wrecking your parents marriage.
Fri 22/04/05 at 10:29
Regular
She didn't ring the wrong number, she has a foriegn accent like my dad and 'Sandra' is on my dad's contacts list.
Fri 22/04/05 at 10:26
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Bribe him - it's the only answer.

Seriously though, I would try and find out properly rather go on something like a voicemail message, she may have just rang the wrong number (does she say his name?)

Look for more clues like hes 'working late' or similar, try and find something that will confirm to you that he's cheating, the worse thing for you would be to question him without any concrete evidence and he denies it cause he'll just make sure he's more careful.

If my dad was cheating and I knew for sure then I would have it out with him because it could destroy your family.
Fri 22/04/05 at 10:12
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Well, I'd better get ready to go out. Good luck with the problem thing Stridman, I'll be back later to check out what happened.

Farewell to all...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.