GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Pope"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/04/05 at 18:56
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Good to know the Catholic church is looking to move forward, electing as they've done a new Pope who's against abortion, homosexuality, women priests, priest's marrying and who has spoken out against multi-cultural societies.

Still, he's an old one so hopefully he'll snuff it quick.
Tue 19/04/05 at 22:36
Regular
"bot"
poopots wrote:
> Lets all have bet's on how long this one lasts.
>
> I shall say, 2009.

According to this prophecy thing, you're probably pretty much right!

"The next Pope after John Paul II will take the name Pope Benedict XVI, in imitation of Saint Benedict and also of Pope Benedict XV. Just as Pope Benedict XV was an emissary of peace, so will Pope Benedict XVI be an emissary of peace. Just as Pope Benedict XV sought peace and spoke of peace and wrote papal documents seeking peace, so will Pope Benedict XVI do also. Just as Pope Benedict XV failed to achieve peace in the world, so will Pope Benedict XVI fail to achieve peace in the world. Just as the Pontificate of Benedict XV began prior to World War I, so will the Pontificate of Benedict XVI occur prior to World War III. After the Pontificate of Benedict XVI, World War III will begin."

[URL]http://catholicplanet.com/articles/article41.htm[/URL]

and I can confirm that the thing about Benedict XVI was indeed knocking about well before today.
Tue 19/04/05 at 22:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Don't worry, there's still hope for pope.

In 1045 Pope Benedict IX sold the papacy to Pope Gregory VI for "what is believed to be an enourmous sum of money".

Also, we could always ressurrect the old pope:

Six months after Pope Formosus had died in 896, his successor Stephen VI had his body dug up and put on trial; found guilty, it was stripped of the papal vestments and the fingers used by Formosus to bless others were removed.
Tue 19/04/05 at 22:31
Regular
Emitime wrote:
> Celestine wrote:
> I'm kind of relieved the selection is over with.
>
> It's not as if it lasted long.
>
> The longest election took 27 months.

It may not have lasted that long, but still I'm relieved it's over with.
Tue 19/04/05 at 22:26
Regular
Don't really know anything about the guy, but people seem to be all about what he "was" and "did", so I guess I'll give him a chance to see what he "is". Although the guy probably hasn't changed, but lets give him a chance. :-)
Tue 19/04/05 at 22:17
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Lets all have bet's on how long this one lasts.

I shall say, 2009.
Tue 19/04/05 at 22:07
Regular
"\\"
Celestine wrote:
> I'm kind of relieved the selection is over with.

It's not as if it lasted long.

The longest election took 27 months.
Tue 19/04/05 at 20:42
Regular
"John 4:321 - Thou shalt play no loud music in the evenings. 4:322 - You noisy f**kers"
Tue 19/04/05 at 20:42
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> You're a Catholic who doesn't care that the new Pope is everything
> that was wrong with the old Pope, minus the globe-uniting part?
>
> That's new.

I'm not a Catholic who's looking to make a difference with my faith in anyone elses life, but my own.

Biba i Santo Papa! More power to the guy.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Peace.
Tue 19/04/05 at 20:39
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I think I heard somewhere that he even spoke out against rock music. I'll have to look that one up.
Tue 19/04/05 at 20:26
Regular
You're a Catholic who doesn't care that the new Pope is everything that was wrong with the old Pope, minus the globe-uniting part?

That's new.

Actually, I think people will target him more for his Hitler Youth enforced past, rather than his lack of world perspective.

Harsh, but it'd be better if he died soon so a Latin American/African can sort contraception out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.