GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Pope"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/04/05 at 18:56
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Good to know the Catholic church is looking to move forward, electing as they've done a new Pope who's against abortion, homosexuality, women priests, priest's marrying and who has spoken out against multi-cultural societies.

Still, he's an old one so hopefully he'll snuff it quick.
Thu 21/04/05 at 13:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
They all used to kill each other so they could get a go.
Thu 21/04/05 at 13:13
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:
> >
> Occasional Christians/Catholics suck.
>
> It irritates me, stupid, stupid people become 'sudden carers' about
> what is happening in the world, just like the "Christmas
> Christians" who go to church on Christmas Eve to watch a free
> nativity play.
>
> Grrr.

--

It's Dan Brown, isn't it? His stupid books are "steeped in Catholic mystery" and the like. I've read Angels & Demons and the DaVinci Code because I was on a plane and had nothing better to do than flick through page after page of wannabe-Indy pulp. A&D is all about cardinals getting killed off as a new Pope is about to be elected. No wonder people are loving it. Stupid Dan Brown.
I had occasional breaks from my reading to check out one of the air hostesses,though.Excellent.
Thu 21/04/05 at 13:05
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
"The Catholic Church has always been an austere institution steeped in history, mystery and tradition; the most sublime of which is the selection of a new Pope. My parents taught me how the Papal selection process works when I was young, and here is how it goes:

All of the world’s Cardinals gather in Rome, enter a small room, fire-up some weed and hot box the room for about a week. All of their smoke escapes out of a little chimney on the roof – alerting people that the process has begun. Then, they lie around, eat holy snacks, play a lot of video games and decide who the new Pope is going to be. When they finally decide, they fire up their best weed – I mean the most sacred of chronic - and this premium stuff produces white smoke – which alerts the thousands of patrons in St. Peter’s Square that a new Pope has been selected. There! See! You learn something new every day!"

Yeah, anyway, based on what I've read about the new dude he seems just as bad as the last guy. Still got the whole homophobic, sexist, anti-contraception vibe going... But hey, he could do some good, if he's bad enough, he may just drive people away from the catholic church due to his backwards views which have little / no bearing on the modern world...
Wed 20/04/05 at 19:41
Regular
"0228"
My infant school had a system where reception did the nativity, year 1 did an Easter play, and year 2 did an odd leaving/growing up play in the summer. Then at junior school everybody had to go to the town hall at christmas which involved listening to the choir and the people that read the Christmas story out (including me).
Wed 20/04/05 at 19:36
"period drama"
Actually, I don't think we did one for the last few years of school.
They never told us why not.
Wed 20/04/05 at 19:34
Regular
"0228"
No, they don't do them any more. Don't want to offend the Asian community do we? My little brother starred in 'Humph the Camel' this year which is like a spin-off from the nativity, focusing only on the camel.
Wed 20/04/05 at 19:28
"period drama"
Are you even allowed to do nativity plays in schools anymore?
I hope not.

Amazing fact: in my first ever one, when I was 5 or something, I fell asleep in it.
Wed 20/04/05 at 18:15
Regular
"0228"
But at least the people that go about singing the hymns and pray are attemping to enter into the 'real' spirit of Christmas whereas the rest of us are just doing it for the presents, food, and alcohol.
Wed 20/04/05 at 18:12
Regular
JFH wrote:
> So, if people want to watch it then they
> have the right to.

OK yes, I probably phrased my point badly.

I mean like, when some stupid people go to church at Christmas, they suddenly become the ultimate Christian, singing the songs/reciting the prayers etc, then never going to the place again for another year.
Wed 20/04/05 at 18:10
Regular
"0228"
I'm sure you must have been in a nativity play at some point. My school had one every year and then all the parents came to see whether they were Christian or not because it is a bit of fun. Christmas is just a bit of fun really (to the majority of people) and the nativity is part of it. So, if people want to watch it then they have the right to.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.