GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This new Napster business...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/04/05 at 14:11
Regular
Sat 16/04/05 at 02:47
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Hedfix wrote:
> MP3's don't contribute to sales much?
>
> Well considering my preferred universal music file setup is primarily
> MP3 based and I've bought a good 30-40 albums after downloading MP3's
> I think they might be a bit wrong there.

I can tell you for every one person that uses downloading in that way, there are atleast 2 people who use it for all the wrong reasons.

Think about all those 'tardy kids that know nothing about music and just download their hits-of-the-week.
Sat 16/04/05 at 02:47
Regular
"8==="
I think I'd rather have one of those Zen things. They seem to be less locked as far as what you can put on them and how you put things on them.
Sat 16/04/05 at 02:44
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Your Honour wrote:

> People just seem to buy them because they're "cool". And
> they don't realise that they're getting ripped off.

Design and functionality over content.

I knew that most other mp3 players were better for what they were, but in the end, the iPod was simple to set up and simple to use. The shape in which it is incarnate is just a bonus.
Sat 16/04/05 at 02:38
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Your Honour wrote:
> So all I can do is play it on my pc at work. Which has no soundcard.

Ha. That made me laugh. Alot more than it should have. A sucker for black humour.
Sat 16/04/05 at 02:21
Regular
"8==="
MP3's don't contribute to sales much?

Well considering my preferred universal music file setup is primarily MP3 based and I've bought a good 30-40 albums after downloading MP3's I think they might be a bit wrong there.
Sat 16/04/05 at 02:14
Regular
"Always the winner?"
I dont understand why the hell content providers (except Napster - they've a reason) use DRM when they know that the same content is being istributed freely over the net's MP3 search engines and P2P networks.

On a similar note, I would like to write that content providers should make videos free for download.

See, music videos are easily copied through DVD recorders, VHS, TV Tuner/Capture Cards, Stream Ripping, Videopimp etc etc. Now, if you hear a great song on Radio, you wont record it to an audio cd, because you know radios have low fidelity and you'll look up for the audio cd/MP3. But, recorded vids do exhibit good qualities. So, you see, there is no reason why anyone would look up for a music vid DVD/Broadband Streams when he can record that same thing for a lot cheaper rate.

And if at the same time, if music vids are available free for official downloads, everyone would be interested in them. (These music vids are usually in 300K/700K streams and not 7000K DVD vids). This would substantially help in increasing fanbase along with sales, as oppossed to MP3s which increase the fanbase but dont contribute significantly to increasing sales.
Thu 14/04/05 at 18:28
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I think the price is about right, compared to the zen, its tiny and light.

The battery doesnt sound as good as the zens, but its just as practical, i have never had it run out whilst using it, because i recharge it when i get home, i never listen to it 12 hours non stop, so im fine.

It then looks better, has a better navigation system, has games, and book support, it also has great technical support. And works perfectly with my Mac.

So for what i use it for, it's the best thing i could of bought, the Zen has no advantage over it.
Thu 14/04/05 at 14:03
Regular
They annoy me because technically they really not that great - certainly not worth the money.

People just seem to buy them because they're "cool". And they don't realise that they're getting ripped off.

Which is quite amusing I guess.....
Thu 14/04/05 at 12:29
Regular
What's wrong with the iPod? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just happy with mine. Which is a mini iPod. I even dropped it in a puddle of water by accident and it continued blasting it's merry little tunes out happily. It's easy to use and does its job very well. Plus I can hang out with the cool kids now.
Thu 14/04/05 at 12:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Except mine's broken.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.