GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This new Napster business...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/04/05 at 14:11
Regular
Sat 16/04/05 at 04:30
Regular
"Always the winner?"
Hedfix wrote:
> It's not a bad idea if you listen to very loud stuff, but during any
> gentle/quiet part of the music that whine will be audible.

I've never experienced such a thing, so it does depend on the soundacrd. Try decreasing the volume of the recorder, then when yopu reolay the recorded music, you'll find that the whine has disappeared.
Sat 16/04/05 at 03:32
Regular
"8==="
The Winster wrote:
> BTW, you can remove the copyright in the file if you want. Just
> play the file wherever its playable (PC, Zen etc.), connect the output
> line of that system to the microphone/line-in of your pc; and record
> the audio using any software you prefer. Yeah, thats sacrifising a
> bit of fidelity, but its not at all bad and by no means yuck.
> If that file is playable on your pc, then play the file, and use
> Windows Movie Maker to record the audio from "system stereo
> mix". Bingo.

Probably depends on the quality of the jack and soundcard. I treid that with some of my own music and it leaves an audible whine that obviously becomesworse the louder you play the music. Not the end of the world but once you notice it's there on every single track it's a pain.

It's not a bad idea if you listen to very loud stuff, but during any gentle/quiet part of the music that whine will be audible.
Sat 16/04/05 at 03:24
Regular
"Always the winner?"
Clazon wrote:
> I can tell you for every one person that uses downloading in that
> way, there are atleast 2 people who use it for all the wrong
> reasons.
>
> Think about all those 'tardy kids that know nothing about music and
> just download their hits-of-the-week.

Yeah, youve got it right. These were the people I was addressing when i said "MP3s dont contribute to sales". And yes, if you like just one song from n album, you prefer to dl that on MP3 instead of buying that album. Most of the people will buy the album only when they think that they've become fans of the band or like the music to possess the artwork.
Sat 16/04/05 at 03:20
Regular
"Always the winner?"
BTW, you can remove the copyright in the file if you want. Just play the file wherever its playable (PC, Zen etc.), connect the output line of that system to the microphone/line-in of your pc; and record the audio using any software you prefer. Yeah, thats sacrifising a bit of fidelity, but its not at all bad and by no means yuck. If that file is playable on your pc, then play the file, and use Windows Movie Maker to record the audio from "system stereo mix". Bingo.
Sat 16/04/05 at 03:13
Regular
"8==="
Stick the filler on a bonus 6 track disc with the album.
Sat 16/04/05 at 03:06
Regular
"The Red Shift"
If bands put 100% into every album, the consumers would be more happy and would buy albums.

None of this "It's just a different feel which you didn't like in this case", malarky. It's proven there are less notes and less lyrics etc in certain tracks in certain albums, that are clearly filler. Sell 8-10 track albums for less and put the filler in with the singles, cos it's those that need the boost in sales.
Sat 16/04/05 at 03:00
Regular
"8==="
Yep.

They should work on songs with longevity and not just throw-away pap because that's just asking to be downloaded rather than bought.

They should also improve B-sides and perhaps offer double single for a total of 5 quid or something.

Shame the more indie labels couldn't afford to put 6 tracks on a single, I have a few of those (Choose Life etc) which are full of excellent stuff that would have been cut if they could only put 3 tracks on.
Sat 16/04/05 at 02:54
Regular
"The Red Shift"
:D

But you buy a fair few albums as well, so it balances out.
Sat 16/04/05 at 02:52
Regular
"8==="
I like downloading songs I'll be bored of in about a week. :'(

It saves me wasting 3-4 quid.
Sat 16/04/05 at 02:49
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Having said all that, I half want to sell my iPod.
:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.