GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conversation I had with my Father..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/04/05 at 14:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Bit of back-story: we've had the house next to us empty for some time, and various people have been to look, including a middle-aged lesbian couple (not that there's anything wrong with that). But yesterday some people came to view it, and my Dad was livid, for they were...BLACK!!!1174

Him: "You'll probably be worried to hear that some black ones had a look in next door yesterday."
Me: "'Black' whats?" (already knowing where this is heading...)
Him: "Two black people"
Me: "You mean two people?"
Him: "Well you may not realise this but they have a penchant for staying up all night, being loud and playing loud music all day and night"
Me: "So you'll be voting for the BNP in the next election then?"
Him: "I don't even know what you're talking about"
Me: "British National Party"
Him: "Don't talk down to me"

That's more or less word-for-word what he said, only I was probably more macho than the scene suggests. I scuttled off to the study shortly after.

I'm quite shocked actually, at how blatant he was with it. I've seen him make "Ook ook ook" sounds when we've driven past a black person before, but I thought that was his attempt at being funny, not trying to drill massive racism into me.
Thu 07/04/05 at 18:34
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> Paradox: wrote:
> Heh, you live with your parents.
>
> --
>
> Is that supposed to be some sort of insult?
>
> Isn't he in his twenties?
>
> If he is it's a bit lame. If not, sorry.

--

So? I'm 20 and I live at home. I don't think he's much older than that. Mind, I could be wrong. He's at uni, as far as I know.
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:30
Regular
English_Bloke wrote:
> Were you trying to re-itterate(sp?) my point?
>
> To be honest I think you had a vaild one though. If I were to list my
> friends I would feel no need to point out the races of any of them.

If you have too many friends and can't remember their names, race labels can't hurt. I prefer them to wear those little "Hello, my name is Blackie" stickers.
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:36
Regular
"8==="
Your dad deserves to be raped internally by white people.
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:37
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Your dad deserves to be raped internally by white people.

Now that wasn't nice.
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:40
Regular
"8==="
Yeah well, white people are scum. I wish they'd get their own country.
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:48
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Yeah well, white people are scum. I wish they'd get their own country.

What? Then what use would black people have for Affirmitive Action and NAACP?

And who would run the welfare system that they mooch off of?!
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:54
Regular
"8==="
Everyone would have a job if all the white people went back where they came from. Send 'em back into the birch trees that's what I say!
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:58
Regular
I don't want my scumbag white husband sent back into the birch trees!

Wait, he was really acting up yesterday...
Thu 07/04/05 at 20:01
Regular
"8==="
That'll be his backwards genes resurfacing. Filthy animals the lot of 'em.
Thu 07/04/05 at 20:09
Regular
My dad told me a sort of racist joke/comment last time I was at home.
I didn't know how to react. I tried to convince myself that he didn't mean it how I interpretted it.
It wasn't a very 'strong' comment, but maybe he was testing the waters.
I'm still not sure exactly what to make of it.

I saw a program about the 60s a few months ago, and apparantly there was a lot of racism around then, it just doesn't get publicised because it clashes with peoples' rose tinted hippy memories.

I figure that era shaped a lot of now middle-aged peoples' thinking. I'm begining to wonder how widespread the effects of that time are.

I dated a black girl a couple of years ago, she never met my parents though. Might have been for the best.
She was great. *Reminisces*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.