GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conversation I had with my Father..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/04/05 at 14:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Bit of back-story: we've had the house next to us empty for some time, and various people have been to look, including a middle-aged lesbian couple (not that there's anything wrong with that). But yesterday some people came to view it, and my Dad was livid, for they were...BLACK!!!1174

Him: "You'll probably be worried to hear that some black ones had a look in next door yesterday."
Me: "'Black' whats?" (already knowing where this is heading...)
Him: "Two black people"
Me: "You mean two people?"
Him: "Well you may not realise this but they have a penchant for staying up all night, being loud and playing loud music all day and night"
Me: "So you'll be voting for the BNP in the next election then?"
Him: "I don't even know what you're talking about"
Me: "British National Party"
Him: "Don't talk down to me"

That's more or less word-for-word what he said, only I was probably more macho than the scene suggests. I scuttled off to the study shortly after.

I'm quite shocked actually, at how blatant he was with it. I've seen him make "Ook ook ook" sounds when we've driven past a black person before, but I thought that was his attempt at being funny, not trying to drill massive racism into me.
Thu 07/04/05 at 14:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Bit of back-story: we've had the house next to us empty for some time, and various people have been to look, including a middle-aged lesbian couple (not that there's anything wrong with that). But yesterday some people came to view it, and my Dad was livid, for they were...BLACK!!!1174

Him: "You'll probably be worried to hear that some black ones had a look in next door yesterday."
Me: "'Black' whats?" (already knowing where this is heading...)
Him: "Two black people"
Me: "You mean two people?"
Him: "Well you may not realise this but they have a penchant for staying up all night, being loud and playing loud music all day and night"
Me: "So you'll be voting for the BNP in the next election then?"
Him: "I don't even know what you're talking about"
Me: "British National Party"
Him: "Don't talk down to me"

That's more or less word-for-word what he said, only I was probably more macho than the scene suggests. I scuttled off to the study shortly after.

I'm quite shocked actually, at how blatant he was with it. I've seen him make "Ook ook ook" sounds when we've driven past a black person before, but I thought that was his attempt at being funny, not trying to drill massive racism into me.
Thu 07/04/05 at 15:00
Regular
*spews coffee*

BLACK PEOPLE? What is this world coming to? What, they think they can just live ANYWHERE now?
Thu 07/04/05 at 15:01
What do you expect? The last generation in families never did grasp this multi raced thing in one country. Mind you, it does depend on the location.
Thu 07/04/05 at 15:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Heh.

Essex...
Thu 07/04/05 at 15:09
Regular
I'm going to walk over to my neighbor's house today and ask if he's a closeted black person. He appears to have peachy skin from a distance, but you just never know! He's always being really loud, obnoxious, and playing music at ear-piercing decibels.

Hrm.
Thu 07/04/05 at 15:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
He might find he was adopted, and it was pink paint all along!
Thu 07/04/05 at 15:14
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> He might find he was adopted, and it was pink paint all along!

ROFL
Thu 07/04/05 at 15:43
Regular
"SOUP!"
Heh, you live with your parents.
Thu 07/04/05 at 16:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
One of my grans is unreal.
I actually cringe... trying to hide behind my chocolate snowball knowing that I can't really attack her.

" I was sitting next to a Pakki on the bus... smelled of course... Nooooo idea what was in his bag... "

" What do you think was in it? "

" Dodgy stuff, y'know "

" Maybe he was going to the gym "

" Yeah, exactly "

To this day I try to figure what she thought I said when I said 'gym'.

Ah, bless her old racist ways.
Thu 07/04/05 at 16:27
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> Heh, you live with your parents.

--

Is that supposed to be some sort of insult?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.