GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conversation I had with my Father..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/04/05 at 14:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Bit of back-story: we've had the house next to us empty for some time, and various people have been to look, including a middle-aged lesbian couple (not that there's anything wrong with that). But yesterday some people came to view it, and my Dad was livid, for they were...BLACK!!!1174

Him: "You'll probably be worried to hear that some black ones had a look in next door yesterday."
Me: "'Black' whats?" (already knowing where this is heading...)
Him: "Two black people"
Me: "You mean two people?"
Him: "Well you may not realise this but they have a penchant for staying up all night, being loud and playing loud music all day and night"
Me: "So you'll be voting for the BNP in the next election then?"
Him: "I don't even know what you're talking about"
Me: "British National Party"
Him: "Don't talk down to me"

That's more or less word-for-word what he said, only I was probably more macho than the scene suggests. I scuttled off to the study shortly after.

I'm quite shocked actually, at how blatant he was with it. I've seen him make "Ook ook ook" sounds when we've driven past a black person before, but I thought that was his attempt at being funny, not trying to drill massive racism into me.
Thu 07/04/05 at 16:32
Regular
My dad is openly racist.

It's annoying, yet some of the things he says are quite funny.

He's not racist racist as in hates anyone that's not white.

He travels abroad a lot for work, so Iassume he's probably met a lot of rude people that aren't white, and it's bittered him.
Mind you, my aunts the same. I think it's the way they were brought up.

They confuse me, as neither of them (in fact, my uncle's racist too), go around shouting abuse at them or anything, or associating them with anything, .

It's abit odd.
It's like, I was down at my aunts once, and tehre was some house program thing on, where if they guess the asking price within 2000 or something, they win the house.

Well, some black person was on it, and he was the first person to ever win it.
So of course my aunt and my dad were just sort of like "He won it because he's black"

I think maybe they're racist because of this political correctness malarky getting out of hand.

I don't know.

I'm not racist, fortunately, I don't think.

I don't like a lot of the Asians at my school, but that's because a hell of a lot of them are evil and attack people etc, so it's justified (ie, one of them through a firework at someone in the year above, and it exploded in her face).

I don't know.

Racism sucks.

I think it'll probably be 3 or 4 more generations before it disappears.
There's a hell of a lot less racist people now than there were 50 years go, but you know that some people like monkey_mans dad will have managed to apss down there racist views onto their children.

Anyway.
I babble.
I'll stop.

Your dad's a fool.
Thu 07/04/05 at 16:39
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I remember once at the zoo with my Cousin, we walked past this Asian family, the Father had a turban on, and the Mother was in full sahri (sp?) traditional dress. My Dad comes out with "What animals are they then?".

Actually thinking about it, he is a really big racist. He said something about bananas on sticks once, it's how blacks run faster apparently...
Thu 07/04/05 at 16:42
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Dont reveal your SR name to him then.
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
My Auntie is quite funny with her racism, I'll always remember her saying, "I'm not racist, but I don't like them Kosonov's". The "Kosonov's are not a Russian family living near to her, but of course Kosovan's(sp?)...she just doesn't know how to pronouce it.
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Paradox: wrote:
> Heh, you live with your parents.
>
> --
>
> Is that supposed to be some sort of insult?

That's what I wondered.

I get my food made for me, I get woken up in the morning, my clothes washed and ironed, and I don't need to pay rent, leckie, gas or TV license etc.

What's wrong with livign with your parents?
Thu 07/04/05 at 16:54
Regular
Absolutely nothing. I live half the year at uni, half the year at home and I'd carry on like this forever if I could. I really like living with my parents, they rock.

I bet Paradox also lives with his parents.

Hm..I wonder how it is after you permanently move out that you stop calling the house where your parents live "home"?

Sorry, diverging from topic. I knew a black man once.
Thu 07/04/05 at 16:57
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Stryke wrote:
> Sorry, diverging from topic. I knew a black man once.

So did I. I didn't see him as black though....
Thu 07/04/05 at 17:00
English_Bloke wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> Sorry, diverging from topic. I knew a black man once.
>
> So did I. I didn't see him as black though....

NEGATIVE RACISM ARRGGHH
Thu 07/04/05 at 17:02
Regular
(Why, was it nighttime? Hohoho).

Yeah, I know what you mean. Few of my friends are black, you don't think of them and go "Oh, he's black". They're just friends.
Thu 07/04/05 at 17:03
Regular
lcarus wrote:
> >
> NEGATIVE RACISM ARRGGHH

--

Is that where you add up all your racist points and get a minus result? Or is it you trying to say positive discrimination?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.