GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conversation I had with my Father..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/04/05 at 14:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Bit of back-story: we've had the house next to us empty for some time, and various people have been to look, including a middle-aged lesbian couple (not that there's anything wrong with that). But yesterday some people came to view it, and my Dad was livid, for they were...BLACK!!!1174

Him: "You'll probably be worried to hear that some black ones had a look in next door yesterday."
Me: "'Black' whats?" (already knowing where this is heading...)
Him: "Two black people"
Me: "You mean two people?"
Him: "Well you may not realise this but they have a penchant for staying up all night, being loud and playing loud music all day and night"
Me: "So you'll be voting for the BNP in the next election then?"
Him: "I don't even know what you're talking about"
Me: "British National Party"
Him: "Don't talk down to me"

That's more or less word-for-word what he said, only I was probably more macho than the scene suggests. I scuttled off to the study shortly after.

I'm quite shocked actually, at how blatant he was with it. I've seen him make "Ook ook ook" sounds when we've driven past a black person before, but I thought that was his attempt at being funny, not trying to drill massive racism into me.
Thu 07/04/05 at 17:03
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
We watched a programme, (or several, I should say), upon entering the police about race and diversity and it was said that was one of the most annoying things you could say to a black person, because most of them would say, "um, I am black..."
Thu 07/04/05 at 17:04
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Stryke wrote:
> Yeah, I know what you mean. Few of my friends are black, you don't
> think of them and go "Oh, he's black". They're just
> friends.

That is completely different and fair enough though.
What I was saying is that some people would say, "I've got this mate, dave, who's black...but I don't see him as black."
Thu 07/04/05 at 17:05
Stryke wrote:
> lcarus wrote:
>
> NEGATIVE RACISM ARRGGHH
>
> --
>
> Is that where you add up all your racist points and get a minus
> result? Or is it you trying to say positive discrimination?

Erm... both.
Thu 07/04/05 at 17:10
Regular
English_Bloke wrote:

> That is completely different and fair enough though.

--

Excellent, I like it when I get the point completely and utterly wrong :)
Thu 07/04/05 at 17:12
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Were you trying to re-itterate(sp?) my point?

To be honest I think you had a vaild one though. If I were to list my friends I would feel no need to point out the races of any of them.
Thu 07/04/05 at 17:15
Regular
We seem to have got confused here.

Racism. It's not all that good, yeah? - Point 1

Do we have a Point 2?
Thu 07/04/05 at 17:18
Regular
I had to tick my ethnicity today when I gave blood. Whiter than the driven snow, I put.

I didn't realise that your ethnicity contributed towards the makeup of your blood. I should really, seeing as I study Biology. Interesting fact, though.

Do you reckon a racist would refuse to take blood from a different race if they could have the option of knowing?

Don't really know where I'm going with this. There'll be racists out there who have had their lives saved by a donation from the ones they hate.
Thu 07/04/05 at 18:18
Regular
"SOUP!"
Jehovas Witnesses wont take other people's blood.
Thu 07/04/05 at 18:20
Regular
"SOUP!"
Stryke wrote:
> Paradox: wrote:
> Heh, you live with your parents.
>
> --
>
> Is that supposed to be some sort of insult?

Isn't he in his twenties?

If he is it's a bit lame. If not, sorry.
Thu 07/04/05 at 18:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Your dad doesn't work for Harlow Council does he?
I went looking for Lou, the postman nearest my walk to see if he'd take my card back to save me a trip. I arrive at Bishopsfield and walk about a bit. Cue a couple of council workers standing around.
"Excuse me mate" says I, "You haven't seen a postie around here have you?"
"What, a darkie" says bloke
"...sorry?"
"A darkie? Yeah, over there about 10 mins ago"
"A darkie?"
"Yeah, he's over there"
Cue Lou coming round the corner. I go to him and ask him to take my card and say "Apparently you're a Darkie, Lou"
"Yeah I've heard that a couple of times before, I was shocked"

Jesus christ, in 2005 some moron council worker calling somebody a "darkie", I thought that was just slang used to annoy Mail readers. Didn't realise people actually spoke like that.
And your dad sounds like a halfwit monkey_man, sorry but he's a fool with those attitudes

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.