GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conversation I had with my Father..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/04/05 at 14:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Bit of back-story: we've had the house next to us empty for some time, and various people have been to look, including a middle-aged lesbian couple (not that there's anything wrong with that). But yesterday some people came to view it, and my Dad was livid, for they were...BLACK!!!1174

Him: "You'll probably be worried to hear that some black ones had a look in next door yesterday."
Me: "'Black' whats?" (already knowing where this is heading...)
Him: "Two black people"
Me: "You mean two people?"
Him: "Well you may not realise this but they have a penchant for staying up all night, being loud and playing loud music all day and night"
Me: "So you'll be voting for the BNP in the next election then?"
Him: "I don't even know what you're talking about"
Me: "British National Party"
Him: "Don't talk down to me"

That's more or less word-for-word what he said, only I was probably more macho than the scene suggests. I scuttled off to the study shortly after.

I'm quite shocked actually, at how blatant he was with it. I've seen him make "Ook ook ook" sounds when we've driven past a black person before, but I thought that was his attempt at being funny, not trying to drill massive racism into me.
Mon 25/04/05 at 00:37
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
monkey_man wrote:
> *high fives Blank*

Heh, wasn't entirely sure but I knew it was worth a mention. I also mentioned it in a cunning way that allowed me to actually not bother checking to see if anyone had mentioned it at all.
Fri 22/04/05 at 09:54
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Racist dad, eh? Man, that's rough. Racist people deserve to die.
Thu 21/04/05 at 15:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's ok now, I fixed him...with a spade (the garden variety).
Thu 21/04/05 at 13:40
Regular
"formerly Eyesw/Feet"
Hmmm... M-Man, I'm sorry about your Dad being that way. For my part, I'd say that I don't let racism slide because doing so makes it acceptable and that would mean racists will continue to nurture racism because everyone makes it so "acceptable" or "funny". It's not funny. It hurts a lot of people - and if you have ever been a target of racist jokes, you'd know what I mean. Also, my parents are blatantly racist against anyone who isn't an "ethnic minority" and specifically, isn't "one of their kind", meaning: If you're "white", you suck; if you're "black" you suck; if you're not one of them, you suck. Of course, I've let them know that they're making me upset and while I can't change them, I think they know where I stand. We might share DNA and I love my family, but I don't love all their values.

I sound really corny here but it's just my two cents.
Mon 11/04/05 at 09:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Blank wrote:
> *Checks to see if anyone has mentioned the Seinfeld reference*

*high fives Blank*
Sun 10/04/05 at 23:53
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yeah, like a rhino or Stuart Pearce.
Sun 10/04/05 at 23:51
Regular
So, no malaria but if something angry charges at you you're screwed?
Sun 10/04/05 at 23:48
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
But you do get short of breath. I didn't mention it for it's malaria preventing qualities, though.
Sun 10/04/05 at 23:47
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I have a cell and a sickle.
Sun 10/04/05 at 23:43
Regular
Collect all five and you don't get malaria.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.