GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What the pope did for us"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/04/05 at 01:04
Regular
"SOUP!"
Nothing. He effected none of our lives in any way. Only those damp-cheeked Vatican-dwellers who have probably never even been to a real city can claim to have been touched by the pope, literally. The pro-child-molesting jitterer has finally sodded off to realise that heaven doesn't exist and he's wasted his life preaching lies. Now our media can go back to printing picture of the horse-faced prince William and telling us how much we care he's nobbing some posh lass.

I hate you guys.
Tue 05/04/05 at 02:25
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I'm not a Christian, and I couldn't disagree more.

I'm sure if you tried there's some more angst ready to be splurged. Go on! Be all controversial! The girls love it, and you've probably only got a few more years before reason sets in.
Tue 05/04/05 at 02:21
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> To the contrary my dear Watson - I find his beliefs to have been
> incredibly dangerous.

Beliefs aren't in any way dangerous, it's what you do based on them. As what he says has no relevance unless you choose to be Catholic; it's hard for him to do much damage. And what did he do? Say condoms are bad? Kind of keeps with the whole no-sex-before-marriage thing, can't complain about following one without also following the other, and there's no question which is better at halting AIDS. Didn't get overly involved in a few countries that weren't in anyway Catholic? Well, seems logical given the job title. Ermmm... stood against to Bush and Co on the Iraq war? Probably a good idea that one...
Tue 05/04/05 at 02:19
"I love yo... lamp."
Dr Gonzo!
Tue 05/04/05 at 02:14
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Stryke wrote:
> C'mon, there's going to be huge public apathy to the wedding. It's
> not a consitutional issue at all. She'll be Princess Consort, and
> most of the country wouldn't care less if she was called Queen.

But to do that we change a hereditary system that's been pretty much set in stone for centuries, and based on a publicity whim. We also tampered with our constitution recently to stop a few foxes being killed, or, on a publicity whim. It's an interesting precedent, whether the general public is interested in it or not.
Mon 04/04/05 at 23:25
"period drama"
I'm not a Christian, and I couldn't disagree more.
Mon 04/04/05 at 23:22
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I'm not a christian, and I agree.
Mon 04/04/05 at 21:07
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
I'm a Christian, but even if I wasn't, I'd say the pope was a great guy. He's done more for the world than most people, and kept the Christian faith together.

He's probably one of my no.1 famous people of all time, and I will miss him, a great person.
Mon 04/04/05 at 20:17
Regular
"neveranythingever"
the pope didnt do anything he was probably a decent guy but he was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard
Mon 04/04/05 at 19:49
Regular
Without getting too deep into it, and trying not to offend anybody (I'm about to fail), religious types make a habit of believing in mysticism and phantasmagoria, when there is only logic. When two opposing types of fantastical beliefs clash, we have prejudice, fear, hatred, war, famine and death. Ironically the very elements religion seeks to eradicate.

To the contrary my dear Watson - I find his beliefs to have been incredibly dangerous. And if George Dubya has anything to do with it, the next century will see the beginning of a new, potentially more globally devastating, Crusades.
Mon 04/04/05 at 19:43
Regular
I'm atheist as well, but I still think the position of Pope is important. We're talking about 1 billion people here, who will all live their lives depending on what 1 man tells them to. That makes him vitally important on the worldstage, especially in South America.

Maybe the next one won't cover up his complete lack of understanding of the human condition with a spot of travelling.

"no, if you're up the duff and don't want it, you still have to suffer."
"But.."
"Hey, I'm in Israel! Kiss me quick."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.