GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What the pope did for us"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/04/05 at 01:04
Regular
"SOUP!"
Nothing. He effected none of our lives in any way. Only those damp-cheeked Vatican-dwellers who have probably never even been to a real city can claim to have been touched by the pope, literally. The pro-child-molesting jitterer has finally sodded off to realise that heaven doesn't exist and he's wasted his life preaching lies. Now our media can go back to printing picture of the horse-faced prince William and telling us how much we care he's nobbing some posh lass.

I hate you guys.
Sun 03/04/05 at 23:38
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
That's one thing that has been blown out of all proportions in the tabloid press. Depending on who you listen to, and at a very basic level, Gerorge Bush ended Communism by outspending the Russians, or Mikael Gorbachev's Western leanings in his regime changes did.

John Paul II did have an effect on the Polish people, and supported the influential Trade Unions that were another factor in Communism's downfall, but his position stopped holding secular powers centuries before he ascended to it.
Sun 03/04/05 at 15:07
Regular
"Captain to you."
The main thing the pope did was break communism :(
Sun 03/04/05 at 13:52
Regular
Who do you think?
Sun 03/04/05 at 13:51
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Who was that aimed at?
Sun 03/04/05 at 13:46
Regular
It only last for you because you're rubbish.
Sun 03/04/05 at 13:32
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
We had a pope?!? Since when?

Luza, don't worry too much. The newbie hating only lasts a couple of years.
Sun 03/04/05 at 13:06
Regular
"SOUP!"
Heh nice contra-rant.

Can't really argue with that. In all honest I'm indifferent to the whole pope thing. I just don't see it as a big deal like the media who seem to be having a field-day. It's almost as big as that time David Beckham coughed.
Sun 03/04/05 at 12:45
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
If you'd set-out to post a hugely selfish, childish, ignorant, and moronic post, you couldn't have done much better.

You also clearly don't even have a very basic idea of what he's done. No Pope has done more to bring the Catholic Church outside the Vatican's walls. I'm not a Catholic, I'm largely indifferent to what he’s done; but travel and 'spreading the word'; will be one of the major lasting legacies of his reign. For a huge proportion of the World he was a figurehead; whether they agreed with his Conservative leanings or not, a lot will fell his passing deeply.

I'm not religious; I can't imagine the passion that this man/position stirs in people, but I'm not arrogant enough to belittle their emotions by posting that sort of childish, 'I'm-so-god-darned-controversial' nonsense.
Sun 03/04/05 at 03:37
Regular
"8==="
He opposed contraception which is the only reason you're here instead of having died down the u-bend.
Sun 03/04/05 at 02:06
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Nope, that's God.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.