GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2mb Broadband"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/04/05 at 15:36
Regular
Sitting waiting patiently for my upgrade to happpen, will I see a huge differance? do I need to shutdown and restart my router for it to happen?
Sat 16/04/05 at 16:08
Regular
Ok so the news is not good, latest update. BT checked the line and can get speeds of 1700+ and it says on his laptop that I have a 2.2 connection. Freeola send out a replacement Router and its now in and running but the speeds are still the same as my old router? and only managing speeds of just over 1100. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this problem, Freeola are going to get "provioning dept"? to look into this on Monday (they dont work weekends) but any suggestions must be worth a try.

My setup is

E Tec Router connected via ethernet cards router was connected to the ADSL filter and one PC was directly connected to the router, then we sent a cat 5 cable to our hub and the other 3 PCs could connect from that, but we took the hub out as it was thought it may be the cause of the slow speeds but even with it out its still only 1100 download speed. Its all very strange.
Sun 10/04/05 at 17:49
Regular
Yes and should ALL BT customers not get a bite at the cherry? including rural exchanges? I mean not every one can live in the citys, there is just not enough room for everyone.
Sun 10/04/05 at 16:53
"Are you sure?"
Shelljed wrote:
> I dont understand why some exchanges still have no broadband, and
> others that have already got broadband get upgraded to faster than
> ever speeds, why dont they upgrade all exchanges to broadband first,
> then make them faster? then every one gets the chance of broadband.

It's something to do with making money!
It's called Business...
Sun 10/04/05 at 14:31
Regular
I dont understand why some exchanges still have no broadband, and others that have already got broadband get upgraded to faster than ever speeds, why dont they upgrade all exchanges to broadband first, then make them faster? then every one gets the chance of broadband.
Sun 10/04/05 at 02:08
10Mb broadband for £92 a year cannot be beaten, folks.
Sat 09/04/05 at 15:40
Regular
BT (wholsale?) have been on the phone and will be along on Wednesday to check out my line, as it may be a line fault now? oh its all double dutch to me.
Fri 08/04/05 at 10:35
Regular
I see our exchange was LLU ed is that the correct term? it was the only way that we would have been allowed broadband, we are a small village yet had broadband long before many of the larger towns in the Borders.
Thu 07/04/05 at 15:53
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Shelljed wrote:
> So I take it that the 2mb limit on speed is only on BT lines and these
> 8MB speeds are on cable is that correct?

BT is trialing 8mb at the moment so it has limited availability. But it is available elsewhere as some providers are taking advantage of LLU, which means that they are allowed to install their own kit at BT exchanges. One fairly large ISP announced last november that it was going to offer 8mb through LLU, how far they've got I dont know.
Thu 07/04/05 at 15:30
Regular
I am still waiting on this upgrade, I spoke with freeola today again and BT are on the case!! I fail to see how you will get 8MB connections when they are struggling to get a 2MB line up and running, seemingly my regrade did go through on Friday, but they are saing now that its a line fault or some thing like that and they are looking in to it. Still no date for switch on though so crash helmet is now getting dusty
Wed 06/04/05 at 21:20
Regular
So I take it that the 2mb limit on speed is only on BT lines and these 8MB speeds are on cable is that correct?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.