GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2mb Broadband"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/04/05 at 15:36
Regular
Sitting waiting patiently for my upgrade to happpen, will I see a huge differance? do I need to shutdown and restart my router for it to happen?
Sun 17/04/05 at 16:36
Regular
"n00b 4 joo"
it would also appear that switzerland have 1gb but then there not using rubbish copper lines, i think the government should grant bt to upgrade the lines but also the issue is of warez!
Sun 17/04/05 at 14:39
Regular
"8==="
We europeans are idiots.

Except Switzerland.
Sun 17/04/05 at 14:38
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
SnoopDogg wrote:
> Japan is on 40Mb broadband, i think 2mb is a bit behind their
> standards.

In some areas of Japan, they have 1Gb... Worst of all, they're only paying about £30/month for it!
Sun 17/04/05 at 13:53
Regular
"NULL"
Is your router set to use PPPoA or PPPoE?
Sun 17/04/05 at 13:40
Regular
Dignostic test on the router brings the following consitant errors...

TestPPPoPVC 0IP connect to PPP (FAIL)

test PPPoPVC 0 PPPoE (conection unknown)

does that mean anything?
Sun 17/04/05 at 10:41
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Japan is on 40Mb broadband, i think 2mb is a bit behind their standards.
Sat 16/04/05 at 19:53
Regular
it would seem that way at the moment, but I guess I need to wait and see what freeola and the Provisioning dept come back with after the weekend.
Do you think if I connected the router via USB that it would make any differance at all? or am I grasping at straws now?

Also I really do not want to have to buy another router as I really have no need for two. Perhaps Freeola will take this one back and sell me another one?
Sat 16/04/05 at 19:19
"Are you sure?"
My next step would be to try a different manufacturers router, this seems to be the weak link...
Sat 16/04/05 at 18:37
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
> Were your original and replacement routers both the same ETEC model ?

Yes to the routers
>
> Did BT use your router for their test ?

Nope to this one

BT used a laptop PC with a USB modem on my line with my connection details, we tested my router when he was here, it was strange as the spped test showed his connection as faster but when he actually tried a download on his laptop then did the same download on my PC with my router the download speed was the same ish (122) its really frustrating am sure there will be an easy answer to this some where?
Sat 16/04/05 at 17:58
"Are you sure?"
Were your original and replacement routers both the same ETEC model ?

Did BT use your router for their test ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.