GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2mb Broadband"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/04/05 at 15:36
Regular
Sitting waiting patiently for my upgrade to happpen, will I see a huge differance? do I need to shutdown and restart my router for it to happen?
Mon 04/04/05 at 13:44
Regular
Cheers for this Bob, I have just phoned in yet again as NO ONE thats NO ONE!!! from Freeola EVER calls back!!!! its so rude! anyhow the story am getting from the call centre so far goes like this...

its a widespread problem? and the problems (there are a few like me) have been passed to BT? so its in BTs hands now, but they (Freeola) would like to hope it will be resolved by tomorrow? I would have liked it resolved yesterday :-) after all I gave loads of notice that I wanted it regraded, still I understand we are at the mercy of BT in this case (Bad BT) but why oh why Bob or anyone at freeola cant you just email customers or post a message on this forum to keep your customers up to speed on the situation.
Mon 04/04/05 at 09:30
Regular
CaNdYfLo$$ wrote:
> Totally off topic, I've just noticed my stats say I've been
> registered for 999days! Lol, that seems almost like a coding error!
> ;-)

Or you set it to a rather high number when you were a God, oh how the meek have fallen ;)

As for the Freeola issues i'll have a look into the regrades today.
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:59
Regular
Oh yes im sure it will happen in time, its just why do they give you a date, then fluff it up? why do Freeola say they will call back (and dont!) I am back at work tomorrow through till Tuesday so I kinda would have liked it sorted before I left but its clearly not going to happen, so I will just have to put the crash helmet to the side untill it does happen. I am sure Danny will come back with a perfectly good EXCUSE for letting me and other customers down, but its out with his contreoll etc etc etc and am sure it is, but Freeola calling back is within his controll!

Stepping off my soap box now
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:55
Regular
"AlL fLo$$Ed OuT"
I dunno, that's the problem with Freeola - there's them, then Entanet, then BT... too many chefs and all that. It'll almost certainly get done in time, just a question of when. Maybe the BT engineer didn't quite finish, and he's gone home for the weekend! Lol. I really wouldn't be too hopeful about it happening before the weekend's out if I were you. Sounds like it's in hand though, in a roundabout way.
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:48
Regular
Yes I found those and further research show that I did get an email from Danny stating it would all happen on April 1st and he assurred me it was not a wind up. I must have ordered it as every time I call freeola they are aware of the regrade in progress, so they would not have did that with me asking. They are saying that my problem is not unique and several customers are having the same problems, he tested my router and it confirmed it was not a 2 MB connection, but he says BT say it is??

Hmmm... wrote:
> This one?
> [URL]http://ukchatforums.com/display_messages.php?threadid=120085&forumid=414[/URL]
>
> Or this one:
> [URL]http://ukchatforums.com/display_messages.php?threadid=120066&forumid=206[/URL]
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:41
Regular
"AlL fLo$$Ed OuT"
Hehe, I told you they wouldn't be able to do anything today ;-)

Did you actually put in a request to be regraded? If not, you won't change speed, you'll just get 1meg for the cheaper price. You should have been sent an e-mail similar to the one I posted before if you've actually been regraded to 2meg...

Totally off topic, I've just noticed my stats say I've been registered for 999days! Lol, that seems almost like a coding error! ;-)
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:39
"Are you sure?"
This one? [URL]http://ukchatforums.com/display_messages.php?threadid=120085&forumid=414[/URL]

Or this one: [URL]http://ukchatforums.com/display_messages.php?threadid=120066&forumid=206[/URL]
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:31
Regular
Nope I am trying to find the original thread where the Boss of Freeola assurred me on this Forum that it would happen on April 1st, we are moving to 2MB with a 10GB cap for the same price as we were paying for the 1mb with 30GB cap. I just called Freeola again and this time I have to log my speeds every hour and send them to Freeola to prove to BT that the change has not taken place!! and it will be MONDAY now before anything can be done about it??!! am going to find that thread if its the last thing I do.
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:15
Regular
"AlL fLo$$Ed OuT"
Incidentally, did you get an e-mail like this? I didn't to start with, just got it this afternoon (obviously the guy working today has resubmitted the request)... Note it says it will take effect from 01/05/2005, like I guessed! Swines! :-( -

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your request to change your broadband service.

The changes are summarised below:

Current Service: Freeola Broadband 1 Mb Uncapped Uncapped
Current Price: £29.99 per month (inclusive of VAT)

New Service: Freeola Broadband 2 Mb Uncapped Uncapped
New Price: £34.99 per month (inclusive of VAT)

Change Fee: £19.99

These changes will take effect from 01/05/2005.

If you have any queries, please contact the Freeola Customer Support
Centre on 0870 725 9977. Please do not reply to this e-mail as it has
been sent from an automated system.

Thank you for your continuing custom.

Regards,
The Freeola Team
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:12
Regular
"AlL fLo$$Ed OuT"
Maybe give them another call and speak to the same guy see what's happened. I don't think they'll be able to do much though, as far as I know Entanet's DSL provisioning team don't work today, so don't hold your breath! Unless it really is something BT are still mucking around with...

By the way, have you rebooted your ADSL modem / router? The connection has to retrain to get the new speed, and unless is dropped on it's own over night, you won't see the change yet... I don't know if they have a mechanism for kicking your connection after a regrade, but I suspect not, so that's definitely worth a go.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.