GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 banned in the USA"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/03/05 at 11:53
Regular
"8==="
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4387045.stm[/URL]

I would make that a non-automatic link, but why bother?
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:17
Regular
I know you fool, but it still doesn't make any sense, no matter how you look at it.

Just because Nintendo originally made it as a seperate piece, they've still gone ahead and had it built in for the Gamecube. Why sue Microsoft and Sony, and not them?
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:18
Regular
"8==="
Because it's a one motor design.

Just like the rumble pack.
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:18
Regular
"kill my enemys"
Because Nintendo rock.
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:20
Regular
"8==="
and just because your rather short post could have been read in more than one way doesn't make me a fool.

Be clearer in future.
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:27
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Because it's a one motor design.
>
> Just like the rumble pack.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason, but still gotta ask why that even makes a difference.

I still think it was because Nintendo had more of a fighting chance with their rumble than the other two did.

Interesting titbit I just found, Microsoft owns 10% of Immersion. hmmm...
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:29
Regular
"8==="
Well if the motor is cental in the controller (essentailly like the rumble pak was when clipped in) that's pretty different from the designs that have the motors in the side handles of the Sony and MS controllers.
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:29
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> and just because your rather short post could have been read in more
> than one way doesn't make me a fool.
>
> Be clearer in future.

Sure, maybe I could have been clearer, but I don't like to point out too much of the obvious because I kinda believe people to be above that. Sorry, I'll keep that in mind for you Hedfix.

And you're not a fool because you didn't understand me, you're a fool because you jumped to conclusions.
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:31
Regular
Found this:

"Oddly enough, Nintendo was never named in the suit, even though they have rumble technology in their GameCube controllers, and are not openly named as a licensee of Immersion's patents. This could stem to some agreement between Nintendo and Immersion, because Nintendo had patented the Rumble Pack for the Nintendo 64 a year before Immersion was granted their patent. One theory is that should Immersion try to sue Nintendo on the issue, Nintendo could pull their trump card of a previous patent against Immersion and force Immersion to lose their patent. Either that, or somehow Nintendo's GameCube controller uses their own technology that stems from their Rumble Pack patent, and thus would not infringe upon Immersion's patents."

Both theories are out there really, I still think it's more to do with the former than the latter, but it's possible.
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:32
Regular
"8==="
and you jumped to conclusions assuming that I actually understood your unclear post the first time around, fool.

Perhaps if you explained yourself in an intelligent manner you wouldn't turn a good discussion in something rather poor.
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:58
Regular
": ("
You all know TOO much.

Anyway does this mean Sony aren't allowed to release any games in the US if their console is banned?

And does this mean there will be less american retards online?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.