GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PDC Year of Darts 2008"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/06 at 18:10
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL (Jan 1)

John Part 7 V 2 Kirk Shepherd

2007 Champion - Raymond Van Barneveld

PREMIER LEAGUE DARTS TABLE - FINAL TABLE

1 Taylor 21pts (+46) - QUALIFIED
2 Wade 20pts (+22) - QUALIFIED
3 Barneveld 18pts (+16) - QUALIFIED
4 Lewis 12pts (-12) - QUALIFIED
5 Mardle 12pts (-14)
6 Manley 11pts (-12)
7 Jenkins 9pts (-18)
8 Part 9pts (-28)

US OPEN (May 18)

Phil Taylor 3 v 0 Colin Lloyd

2007 Champion - Phil Taylor

PREMIER LEAGUE DARTS SEMI FINAL AND FINAL (May 26)

Phil Taylor 11 V 1 Adrian Lewis
Raymond Van Barneveld 8 V 11 James Wade

Phil Taylor 16 V 8 James Wade

UK OPEN (June 8)

James Wade 11 V 7 Gary Mawson

LAS VEGAS DESERT CLASSIC (July 6)

Phil Taylor 13 V 7 James Wade

WORLD MATCHPLAY CHAMPIONSHIP

Phil Taylor 18 V 9 James Wade

2007 Champion - James Wade

SOUTH AFRICAN MASTERS

Phil Taylor 5 V 2 John Part

WORLD GRAND PRIX

James Wade 6 V 3 Terry Jenkins

GRAND SLAM OF DARTS

Phil Taylor 18 V 11 Andy Hamilton
Mon 01/01/07 at 23:10
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, that was some tense and nervy action in the final there. Great entertainment. I am a little disappointed that Taylor drifted towards Barneveld in the middle because if Taylor had kept his average up, he would have won 7-4 as I predicted.

I'm also a little disappointed that Barneveld won on his first year. I wanted him to lose just so he'd come back next year and play better.

Oh well, Barneveld played better when the scores were level so the result was fair.
Tue 02/01/07 at 09:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Great final there over 3 hours of great darting action!

A bit ironic that Barney used Taylors dart as a stacker in the final throw off for the bull :D
Mon 15/01/07 at 15:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Just thought I'd add my thoughts on recent darts stuff.

The BDO final was a joke. Sure, Adams started well enough and was at a 95 average at the break but to lose 6 sets and only win with a 90 average is laughable. I can't remember the last time a 90 average was good enough to win the PDC title. Maybe it's never been enough seeing as Taylor has been in every one.

Adams was the only person to get a 100 average in the tournament and any half decent player can do that over 3 sets. Nixon never got over a 90 average for the whole tournament. The standard is laughable.

King saying he'd rather quit darts than join the PDC is all down to, in my opinion, the fact that he wants to win a World Title and the BDO is the best place to win one for him.

Three people did join the PDC this week. Klaasen, Van Gerwen and Van Der Voort will be playing in PDC events this week. I had a feeling Klaasen was going to move as he couldn't move when he had won the BDO title last year. All three were probably down to the Barneveld factor and it leaves the BDO with very little again.

To call the BDO championship a World Championship is a complete joke. Barneveld has said that when he was winning World Titles, he knew he wasn't the best player and he wanted to prove he could be. Adams would have struggled to get past round 2 in the PDC championship.
Tue 16/01/07 at 16:38
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Although the final was a nailbiter towards the end the quality was very poor and it's no wonder the 3 have defected to the PDC.

Apparently the BDO have a rule where if you get to the semis of the World Championships you have to play on the BDO circuit the following season and I'd heard that this was the reason King didn't defect as well.

If he'd rather give up darts than join the PDC there's only one reason for that and that is he'd have his ass whipped every time he played a match as he's nowhere near as good as he needs to be to be able to compete in the PDC.

I can see Klassen giving it a good go in the PDC and if he continues to improve he'll be contesting a few semis and finals, whether he'll manage to give the top stars a good run for their money time will tell.

The Premier League starts soon and I'm off to the Nottingham Arena in February to watch it, can't wait!
Tue 16/01/07 at 21:27
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Klaasen looks very much like a rhythm player and just like Mardle, if it's not working, he might struggle.

I was going to go to the Stevenage one last year but it was sold out and I couldn't afford it. I woud have seriously considered it again this year but Stevenage isn't a venue this year.
Wed 17/01/07 at 09:08
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Nottingham Arena holds about 10000 if you can sit on the arena floor which you can do with the darts so what they've done is sold tickets from the stage backwards so even on the day you should be able to get them although you'll be further back the later you buy them.

It's on a Thursday so I'm having the Friday off work so I can have a few warm beers at £2.80 a pint at the arena :D
Wed 17/01/07 at 13:46
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
And they've officially confirmed the participants.

Taylor, Barneveld, Lloyd, Scholten, Manley, Priestley, Jenkins and the last wild card went to Lewis.
Wed 17/01/07 at 15:56
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Good line up there glad Lewis got the wildcard as on his day he can beat anyone.

The BDO are apparently suing Klassen over jumping to the PDC as they say he has a year left on his contract with them.
Wed 17/01/07 at 22:21
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm sure Klaasen would have done his homework and found a way out of his contract. The BDO are seriously bitter losing all the players. The fact that they have this stipulation that you have to come back if you reach the semi-final just smacks of desperation.

I don't know of anyone that has gone the other way from the PDC to the BDO. I found it funny that the BDO guy came out and said that they were professional and the PDC was a business.

How about this, BDO guy? The PDC has more money to attract the players, a high standard that the BDO can't get anywhere near, the best players in the world, the best tournaments and events that get packed houses every night, generating interest in darts and the PDC is the main reason why darts is a sport in the UK.

The fact that Nixon, a no-namer, got to the final playing darts acceptable 20 years ago just goes to show that the BDO title is very open to anyone. The PDC World title is the one you have to work for. The PDC tournaments you have to work hard. There hasn't been a shock tournament winner for a number of years. Bates was a shock finalist in the UK Open but that's down to the random draw system that's implemented.
Thu 18/01/07 at 20:04
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The fixture list has been put up. The Nottingham arena has this lineup:

Terry Jenkins V Phil Taylor
Raymond Van Barneveld V Peter Manley
Adrian Lewis V Colin Lloyd
Dennis Priestley V Roland Scholten

Lloyd V Lewis should be good. Both very fluent players and it should be close.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.