GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PDC Year of Darts 2008"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/06 at 18:10
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL (Jan 1)

John Part 7 V 2 Kirk Shepherd

2007 Champion - Raymond Van Barneveld

PREMIER LEAGUE DARTS TABLE - FINAL TABLE

1 Taylor 21pts (+46) - QUALIFIED
2 Wade 20pts (+22) - QUALIFIED
3 Barneveld 18pts (+16) - QUALIFIED
4 Lewis 12pts (-12) - QUALIFIED
5 Mardle 12pts (-14)
6 Manley 11pts (-12)
7 Jenkins 9pts (-18)
8 Part 9pts (-28)

US OPEN (May 18)

Phil Taylor 3 v 0 Colin Lloyd

2007 Champion - Phil Taylor

PREMIER LEAGUE DARTS SEMI FINAL AND FINAL (May 26)

Phil Taylor 11 V 1 Adrian Lewis
Raymond Van Barneveld 8 V 11 James Wade

Phil Taylor 16 V 8 James Wade

UK OPEN (June 8)

James Wade 11 V 7 Gary Mawson

LAS VEGAS DESERT CLASSIC (July 6)

Phil Taylor 13 V 7 James Wade

WORLD MATCHPLAY CHAMPIONSHIP

Phil Taylor 18 V 9 James Wade

2007 Champion - James Wade

SOUTH AFRICAN MASTERS

Phil Taylor 5 V 2 John Part

WORLD GRAND PRIX

James Wade 6 V 3 Terry Jenkins

GRAND SLAM OF DARTS

Phil Taylor 18 V 11 Andy Hamilton
Wed 20/12/06 at 16:39
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Heh, Hamilton wanted 5 and Welding wanted 4. Hamilton read Welding's score, hit double 2 and bust his score. :)

I wouldn't call Sams and Monk going out as shocks, as neither of them have done that well in the World Championships. Last years semi finalist, Wayne Jones, is through and Hamilton through too.
Thu 21/12/06 at 00:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Quite easy wins for Beaton and Priestley. Wade didn't play well but he is through to the 2nd round of the World Championships for the first time so maybe he'll relax a bit.

I'm really disappointed that Mardle went out. Not only does that mean no more Mardle at the World Championships but he won't get that wild card for the Premier League.
Thu 21/12/06 at 09:57
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Mardle just doesn't seem to perform like he knows he can, he used to play well in one tournament and then bad in the next etc but now he just seems to play bad.

I thought by now he'd have a title to his name like Lloyd etc have managed over the past few years but I think his time is fast slipping away.
Thu 21/12/06 at 16:46
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
No shocks in the afternoon today. Askew squeaked through, the Chinese and Japanese players will be a little disappointed that they didn't put up more of a fight.

Jenkins V Davis could have been a bit closer but Davis just missed too many doubles.

Last of the first round game tonight. Roy V Burnett should be good and hope to see the return to form of Dudbridge.
Thu 21/12/06 at 18:59
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm off to watch it now :)
Thu 21/12/06 at 23:03
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
11 seeds eliminated out of the 32 is not bad considering how close the lower seeds are to the qualifiers in terms of ability.

Some big names going out has opened certain areas of the draw up and we might see some surprise quarter finalists.

The big game tomorrow is definitely Lloyd V Barneveld. I think it should be first to 4 sets in the 2nd round so I'm hoping for a close contest.

Dudbridge safely through, Scholten also through, Painter out is a bit of a surprise but he hasn't played well since his injury (I think it was his knee) and Burnett just couldn't hit a double. He had loads of chances.
Fri 22/12/06 at 09:23
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Looking forward to Lloyd vs Barney should be a close run thing but I rhink Barney will edge it.

Dudbridge played well last night he's hit a bit of form and if he continues it he will go far.
Fri 22/12/06 at 15:06
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Lewis didn't half make hard work out of beating Jones. He walked through the first 2 sets and then faded, missing doubles. Jones stepped up and levelled it. Lewis started playing better again and needed just 1 leg to win. He had 25 left, hit 12 and then hit 20 to bust. Jones checked out 101 to level the match again. Lewis won the last set comfortably.

Jones never really changed gears at all, Lewis just let him back in. Jones did play well though. 13 180's for Lewis.

Vonck beat Cyr in a decent contest although it got a bit nervy near the end and they were missing doubles all over the place. I suppose it's only natural. Vonck is only 19 and it's a place in the 3rd round against Lloyd or Barneveld.
Sat 23/12/06 at 00:34
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, Lloyd V Barneveld was some game. Barneveld looked in real trouble at 3 sets down but they looked pretty evenly matched as Barneveld just managed to win the crucial legs to claw his way back into the match.

Lloyd will be kicking himself as he had 2 darts at the bull and 2 at tops to knock Barney out.

Manley was very flat and Havenga probably should have won it earlier. Mason did well to knock Part out but he'll have to up his game if Taylor gets through. Webster looked pretty steady and with Havenga in the next round, someone is looking at a nice payday for a quarter final appearance.

No games until Tuesday night now.
Wed 27/12/06 at 00:50
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Some crackers tonight. Ovens V Tabern was a real slugfest but Ovens just seemed to be drifting his darts a little, so I think it was the right result, just about.

Disappointed to see Dudbridge go out, especially as he played so well and fought back. He'll be upset that he missed so many doubles.

Taylor was awesome and McGowan goes out having the 2nd best average in the tournament so far. McGowan couldn't hold his average and Taylor just played at his 109 average for the whole game.

Askew looked good for 3 sets and had to stumble over the line in the end. Caves just didn't look that great today.

Some great darts and hope the standard continues.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.