GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PDC Year of Darts 2008"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/06 at 18:10
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL (Jan 1)

John Part 7 V 2 Kirk Shepherd

2007 Champion - Raymond Van Barneveld

PREMIER LEAGUE DARTS TABLE - FINAL TABLE

1 Taylor 21pts (+46) - QUALIFIED
2 Wade 20pts (+22) - QUALIFIED
3 Barneveld 18pts (+16) - QUALIFIED
4 Lewis 12pts (-12) - QUALIFIED
5 Mardle 12pts (-14)
6 Manley 11pts (-12)
7 Jenkins 9pts (-18)
8 Part 9pts (-28)

US OPEN (May 18)

Phil Taylor 3 v 0 Colin Lloyd

2007 Champion - Phil Taylor

PREMIER LEAGUE DARTS SEMI FINAL AND FINAL (May 26)

Phil Taylor 11 V 1 Adrian Lewis
Raymond Van Barneveld 8 V 11 James Wade

Phil Taylor 16 V 8 James Wade

UK OPEN (June 8)

James Wade 11 V 7 Gary Mawson

LAS VEGAS DESERT CLASSIC (July 6)

Phil Taylor 13 V 7 James Wade

WORLD MATCHPLAY CHAMPIONSHIP

Phil Taylor 18 V 9 James Wade

2007 Champion - James Wade

SOUTH AFRICAN MASTERS

Phil Taylor 5 V 2 John Part

WORLD GRAND PRIX

James Wade 6 V 3 Terry Jenkins

GRAND SLAM OF DARTS

Phil Taylor 18 V 11 Andy Hamilton
Thu 17/05/07 at 15:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Just a quick reminder that the US Open darts tournament is on the Challenge television channel this weekend at about 7:30pm both days.

Also, the Grand Slam of Darts, which is a tournament that pits the PDC and BDO players against each other, will be screened on ITV in late November.
Sat 12/05/07 at 23:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Funnily enough, I don't think Taylor is near his best yet.

I haven't watched the last week of Premier League darts yet. I saw the Taylor V Barneveld match and Barneveld just sagged when Taylor got to 6-4, despite Barney fighting back to 4-4.
Sat 12/05/07 at 17:57
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Taylor has been a lot better since he introduced his fitness regime. I can't see anyone beating him, even Van Barneveld. I will be happy to eat my words, however.
Wed 09/05/07 at 15:25
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The US Open is being shown on Challenge TV on the 19th and 20th of May from 7:30pm on both days.
Thu 03/05/07 at 12:01
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Tonights Matches:

Roland Scholten v Adrian Lewis
Colin Lloyd v Dennis Priestley
Peter Manley v Terry Jenkins
Phil Taylor v Raymond van Barneveld

Priestley and Jenkins will decide 3rd and 4th spots tonight I think Jenkins will beat Manley to take 3rd and face Barney in the semis.
Tue 01/05/07 at 14:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Funnily enough, the last weeks games felt like an end of season game.

Priestley didn't really turn up and Manley could easily have beaten him 8-0 but Manley wasn't on great form either.

Jenkins played the worst game I've ever seen him play. He barely had shots at doubles and Lloyd didn't really need to extend himself.

Barney wasn't great and Scholten really needed a big win but he was poor as well. Scholten only really looked good when he was 7-2 down.

Taylor was his usual self and destroyed Lewis.

Taylor V Barneveld on Thursday with Taylor putting his undefeated streak on the line. Also, Jenkins and Priestley are playing for 3rd place to avoid Taylor.
Thu 26/04/07 at 15:55
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Lewis should have beat Jenkins last week. 4-2 at the break and should have been 6-0. Jenkins played that bad before the break. After the break, his scoring wasn't that great but a string of 100+ finiahes gave the edge and took an 8-5 win.

Manley wasn't good and Scholten was clinical in his double finishing. I'm a little surprised it was 8-4 but Scholten deserved to win.

Priestley played really well but his doubling wasn't that good and Barneveld was just better. The leg where they were both on 9 darters was fantastic.

Lloyd never really looked like beating Taylor and that result eliminates Lloyd, and other results have eliminated Manley and Lewis as well. Only Scholten get break into the top 4 mathematically but it looks unlikely, as Scholten has Barneveld this week.
Thu 19/04/07 at 15:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Lloyd V Scholten was pretty tight early on but a Scholten mistake (throwing at treble 20 when the flight was blocking it) let Lloyd in and after the break at 4-2, Lloyd left Scholten behind.

Priestley and Lewis were quite even. Lewis just let Priestley in and he took advantage only for Priestley to let Lewis back in but Lewis was playing really well at 6-4 down and to win from there was fantastic.

Taylor wasn't scoring well but his double shooting was on top form. Manley wasn't hitting his doubles and Taylor was just ruthless.

Jenkins will be annoyed with the loss to Barneveld. There wasn't much in the game at all between the 2 players and yet Barney won 8-5. Too many key misses cost him dear.

Anyway, this week will almost definitely see one player eliminated. Taylor needs just a point to be certain of top spot and the bottom 4 need wins tonight.
Fri 13/04/07 at 09:27
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Well I got 3 out of 4 right!

Lloyd played well and 11 out of 15 doubles hit in the first 11 legs was superb!

There's a 4 point gap between 4th and 5th now so the chasers desperately need a win next week to close it up a bit.
Thu 12/04/07 at 16:29
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Found some time to look at last weeks games, so a quick run down on what went on.

Barneveld will be wondering how he only drew with Manley. All those missed doubles and Barneveld could have won easy.

Lewis flew out of the blocks against Lloyd but let him back in, only to produce a beautiful 164 finish to change the game back in his favour and come out a deserving winner.

Scholten V Priestley was quite sedate and Priestley may be a little disappointed to let Scholten get level but the draw was fair in my opinion.

Taylor destroyed Jenkins, who for most of the match was playing well. He dipped in form in the middle but Taylor was just playing incredible.

Taylor is officially through if my maths is up to scratch. Looking forward to todays matches.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.