GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/03/05 at 00:15
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
What do you think of the whole idea of getting married?

I had this talk with my boyfriend. He wants to get married whereas I think that we don't need a piece of paper to show how much we love each other.

Am I missing the point of marriage?

I know I want to be with my boyfriend for the rest of my life, I just don't see why I need to get married to show that.

Though to be honest, I'll proberly get married eventually and do the traditional thing.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:15
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
What do you think of the whole idea of getting married?

I had this talk with my boyfriend. He wants to get married whereas I think that we don't need a piece of paper to show how much we love each other.

Am I missing the point of marriage?

I know I want to be with my boyfriend for the rest of my life, I just don't see why I need to get married to show that.

Though to be honest, I'll proberly get married eventually and do the traditional thing.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Marriage is a declaration of your love to each other by entering into a contract whereby you promise to be faithful and loving until you get divorced.

If you don't understand the point of marriage then you're stupid.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:25
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I think it's a great concept, that you love each other enough to put on a big show, spend a lot of money and do a whole load of pointless stuff simply because you can as if to prove that you love each other. The meaning is only what it means to you, if you can't see the point in the pointless then you're not ready.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:27
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
pfft..why do you need a contract to be in love and to be faithful to someone?

At the end of the day, if you love someone, and you are faithful to them, why do you need a piece of paper to show that?

I'm going to love my boyfriend for as long as I live, and hell would freeze over before I ever think of cheating on him and I don't need to marry him to tell him, or anyone else for that matter.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've known many young couples who wanted to get married.
All of them are split up now.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:32
Regular
"Monochromatic"
If you can see how pointless it is and still want to do it then you have your reason and meaning.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:33
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Very true. Lots of young people meet their first serious boyfriend/girlfriend and think that, they are the one they are going to marry.

On the other hand there are lots of couples who are happily married. My sister got engaged at 17, my parents did also, so did my boyfriends parents.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:40
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Puddin' wrote:
> Very true. Lots of young people meet their first serious
> boyfriend/girlfriend and think that, they are the one they are going
> to marry.

Thats just natural, first love always works on a low bar to jump and you raise your standards as you get older.

> On the other hand there are lots of couples who are happily married.
> My sister got engaged at 17, my parents did also, so did my
> boyfriends parents.

I'm imagining your sister is young, and your parents are of a different time. I get the feeling relationships are more dysfunctional in this generation, no idea why.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:41
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
My sister is 24 and has been married for 18 months.
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:42
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Puddin' wrote:
> My sister is 24 and has been married for 18 months.

Good luck to her

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.