GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Office"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/03/05 at 17:11
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Never liked this "comedy". Fail to see what's so great about it. The fact that Gervais is a tool doesn't help its cause.
Fri 25/03/05 at 18:48
Regular
RoJ wrote:
> I know what you're saying, but I thought comedy was supposed to make
> you laugh.

It's not a slapstick laugh-a-minute show.

It's more subliminal then that, watching the series all the way through develops the characters into people you can associate with (especially if you have worked in an office enviroment), which is what makes it so cringe-worthingly brilliant.

Most people I know watch one episode then hate it because there is no 'triggers' which prompt them to laugh (dubbed over laughing?).

Watching Gervais in action on this really does give prove what talent he has as an actor/producer.

It's utterly brilliant.

End of.
Fri 25/03/05 at 18:53
Regular
"kill my enemys"
I think its amazing.The last one was good.
Fri 25/03/05 at 19:11
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Displayed wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
> Gervais does tend to come across as an utter cocksmith in interviews
> and things though.
>
> that was ment to be one of the points about it

no. obviously BRENT comes across as an idiot, that's obviously a pivotal part of the dynamic. i meant i just find Ricky Gervais (the actual actor, NOT his characters) to be a bit of a nobjockey when i see him in interviews and things.
Fri 25/03/05 at 19:12
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Pachanga wrote:
> The US version was supposed to have died on its ar§e,

they probably found out it wasn't USA born and bred, raised a few flags, gave away a few more civil liberties and went to switch over to Cheers or another awful sitcom that may well be dire, but by crackey it's homemade.
Fri 25/03/05 at 19:13
Regular
"8==="
It's based upon embarrassment.

It's average stuff really.
Fri 25/03/05 at 19:16
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It's got the most perfectly realised and sublimely acted comedy in it for ages. Comedy doesn't have to mean haha jokes and fat men falling downstairs. It's based on the cringing embarassment and tedium of day to day life that happens to resonate with some and leave others completely cold, that's life. I can honestly say I've met a dozen Brents and Gareths, and had a few Dawn-type relationships myself, so it strikes a chord with me.

But still, look at him dance! Nggh uh uhh uh uh uhh, nggh uh uhh uh uh uhh... *swivels arms*
Fri 25/03/05 at 19:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It was an excellent series, filled with pain, anguish, laughter & situations anybody that's ever thought "I hate my job and I hate my boss and I hate those around me" yet done nothing about will identify.
If you don't like it, Joey's on C5.
Fri 25/03/05 at 19:33
"period drama"
Look! Up in the sky!
Is it a bird? Is it a plane!?

No, it's the Office!
Soaring at 20,000 feet above RoJ's head.
Fri 25/03/05 at 19:35
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Meh. I knew I'd yet yapped at but I'm not going to sit around pretending I love some show I don't. I'd rather admit that I quite dislike it, flame or no flame.
Fri 25/03/05 at 19:38
Regular
"tokyo police club"
'Flaming'? Are you American?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.