GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what is the point in living?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/03/05 at 16:16
"'oh I do say!'"
you just die anyway??????
Sat 28/05/05 at 07:30
Regular
"8==="
RoJ wrote:
> Ugh, another one of those pointless debates.

What is the meaning of RoJ?
Sat 28/05/05 at 07:21
Regular
"8==="
FantasyMeister wrote:
> "What is the point in living?" and "What is the meaning
> of life?" are two separate questions.
>
> The former can have a subjective answer given, whilst the latter is
> about as syntactically logical as asking "What is the meaning of
> a rock?", mainly because it presumes that there is a
> meaning when in fact there may not be.

Rock doesn't have meaning?

What's all this sculpture stuff then?

And the giants causeway ah yes.

And fossils and so on.
Sat 28/05/05 at 05:35
Regular
"Munki Boi Luvin Her"
The point in living is different depending on three things...
1) If you are single and/or cant get the one you love
2) You had the one you loved, but then you lost him/her
3) Your an ordinary happy person.

number 1: "there is no point in living because you cant get the man/woman you want so whats the point? might as well stop myself from feeling anymore pain.." this could be view of someone in the same situation as no.1

Number 2: "i had him/her, now theyve been taken from me. might aswell take me from everyone else. Now it seems like theres no way of getting him/her back, might aswell not bother with anything. if he/she wont have me, no one will. ill just use this razor/rope/really tall building/speeding bus..." this could be the view of someone in the same sit. as no.2

Number 3: " The point of living is to be happy, make as many people as you can happy, get laid, then get laid again. Its also to have lots of Kids... so come on.. lets get busy " this could be the view of someone in the same sit. as no.3...

so do you know the Point of Living Yet?
Fri 27/05/05 at 21:49
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Like FFF said.

Also, I believe that we're machines anyway. So once you expire, it's eternal nothingness.

So I pose to you, what is the point in not living?

However against my own argument. If I believe we have an eternal sleep unknowing of time, then you wouldn't know any differently.
Fri 27/05/05 at 20:59
"period drama"
What?
If all you live for is getting into heaven, might as well save all the leg-work and get straight up there.
Fri 27/05/05 at 20:57
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> But seeing as every child is born pure and innocent - why not
> slaughter them at birth?

Fri 27/05/05 at 20:55
"period drama"
But seeing as every child is born pure and innocent - why not slaughter them at birth? You can be assured they'll go to heaven then, if that's the only thing living is for.

Otherwise just wait up until you can get pretty good odds on being accepted in, and fall under a bus - lest you muck up all your hard work some time further along the line and end up in hell.

Good work, chuck.
Fri 27/05/05 at 19:13
Regular
The answer is in my opinion to work your way towards heaven.
Fri 27/05/05 at 17:35
Regular
Live for the moment. That's all there is to it.
Fri 27/05/05 at 12:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Prince of England wrote:
> where can i get the book

Bookshops? C'mon, you can think that far ahead at least.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.